Videos & Discussion Thread (Trailers, Docs, News, Humor, Etc)

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I just watched this a few days ago and it's really good. A lot of people are going to be surprised by the band members actually being 'liberal hippies' vs. 'conservative good 'ole boys'.
The funniest thing about Skynyrd was that, when I was growing up, most of the 'necks at my high school hated Neil Young. Simply because of some lyrics in "Sweet Home Alabama".

When in fact, the band members were big fans of Neil's. Van Zandt regularly wore a Neil Young "Tonight's The Night" t-shirt on stage. Ronnie said they wrote the song as a joke. I mean, c'mon. Geo Wallace tributes?

I grew to loathe Skynyrd due to these kinds of fans. As I was a huge Neil Young fan. And definitely not part of their tribe.
But like Springsteen and Floyd (both of which ruined by a college roommate who played both incessantly), I grew to respect Skynyrd's music as I got older.

"Give Me Back My Bullets" was my favorite.

https://www.countryliving.com/life/entertainment/a43715/sweet-home-alabama-song-meaning/

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Watched season 2 of this already. Knew a lot of what was going on already from keeping up with the case on reddit but still infuriating to watch it happen. Did learn some new stuff I didn't know before however. Don't want to really spoil anything for people that haven't watched it yet but basically the travesty of justice continues.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Originally was just going to post the trailer but the whole doc is available on Youtube. Have only watched the first five minutes so far but will finish the rest after football time.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Just finished watching this on Hulu. Should really be required viewing for Americans. Especially those that keep wondering how we keep getting further and further politically divided in this country.

Those folks that refuse to believe Russian interference in our democracy should probably be Clockwork Orange’d into watching it.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
These Australian comedians are pretty good, some of their pacing/style reminds me of Monty Python but a lot of it is political:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.