Videos & Discussion Thread (Trailers, Docs, News, Humor, Etc)

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Figured we could use another video thread over here. Feel free to post whatever videos you'd like that may not really fit in the other threads (within forum guidelines of course). Hopefully they can spur some conversations but don't have to all be political but will definitely be throwing in some political content. Plus there may be trailers for tv shows, movies or other videos that may spark political discussions.

I'll kick it off with this Showtime Doc about Lynyrd Skynyrd that I now need to see:

Never really realized that the Confederate flag was basically forced on them by a record label.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Season 2 of Making a Murderer is coming October 19th. I've been following the goings on in the case since the first season and there should be a lot of interesting stuff showing just how corrupt/broken the system is when it comes to appeals and trying to get innocent people out of the justice system. Brendan Dassey has two lawyers that specialize in wrongful convictions of youths and Steven Avery's new lawyer has exonerated 20 people in the past.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Anyone seen this yet? Came out in May on Showtime & looks really interesting. Seems like it has pretty decent reviews online.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I watched this last week and it was really good. Amazing the kind of influence he has had.
i had forgotten how ubiquitous he was.
We really enjoyed watching Sonic Highways on HBO (also Sound City Doc that kind of spawned Sonic Highways). Looks like this Quincy doc would fit in well with that kind of stuff. Will definitely be adding it to my list.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

I was at the HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) gym yesterday, and heard Sonic Youth on their playlist.

The guy who runs the place is pretty square, usually plays the latest pop/hip-hop crap, so it was great to hear something different.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This one's for you, Gray.

In honor of the Florida/LSU game this weekend...here's a really nice drone video of the USS Kidd veteran's museum in Baton Rouge.

For those not familiar with the history of the USS Kidd DD-661, here's the opening comments from the USS Kidd Wiki page:

USS Kidd (DD-661), a Fletcher-classdestroyer, was the first ship of the United States Navy to be named after Rear AdmiralIsaac C. Kidd, who died on the bridge of his flagshipUSS Arizona during the 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Admiral Kidd was the first US flag officer to die during World War II, and the first American admiral ever to be killed in action.[SUP][3][/SUP] A National Historic Landmark, she is now a museum ship, berthed on the Mississippi River in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Kidd_(DD-661)

Wow. Thanks for posting. See above link for more about the USS Kidd. It saw some pretty significant action during the War in the Pacific. Shot down a lot of Japanese planes in the process.

This one's for you, Gray.

In honor of the Florida/LSU game this weekend...here's a really nice drone video of the USS Kidd veteran's museum in Baton Rouge.

For those not familiar with the history of the USS Kidd DD-661, here's the opening comments from the USS Kidd Wiki page:
USS Kidd (DD-661), a Fletcher-classdestroyer, was the first ship of the United States Navy to be named after Rear AdmiralIsaac C. Kidd, who died on the bridge of his flagshipUSS Arizona during the 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Admiral Kidd was the first US flag officer to die during World War II, and the first American admiral ever to be killed in action.[SUP][3][/SUP] A National Historic Landmark, she is now a museum ship, berthed on the Mississippi River in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'll kick it off with this Showtime Doc about Lynyrd Skynyrd that I now need to see:

Never really realized that the Confederate flag was basically forced on them by a record label.
I just watched this a few days ago and it's really good. A lot of people are going to be surprised by the band members actually being 'liberal hippies' vs. 'conservative good 'ole boys'.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Don't always agree with him but Roy Wood Jr. is one of the funniest newer comedians out there to me.

Can't link for language but pull this up on Youtube for some of his standup: Roy Wood Jr. Can't Walk Out of Best Buy Without a Bag - Roy Wood Jr.: Father Figure

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.