Videos & Discussion Thread (Trailers, Docs, News, Humor, Etc)

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Saw the poster for this yesterday and looked it up:

With the way I feel about heights...

I would have to say, it was hard to watch. I also have an extreme fear of heights. This film deserved an Oscar, given the risks they took to make the film. He had climbers with video cameras all along the way.

The most difficult to watch was the Boulder Problem portion. A part of the climb that required an insane amount of risk. One minute mistake, and he was a goner.

The only other film that made me so uncomfortable was the 2015's The Walk, the dramatic retelling of Phillipe Petit's 1974 attempt to high-wire walk between the Twin Towers in NY. The CGI in that film alone made me close my eyes at times. And I saw it in 3D.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
that's awesome. is the waiter the liberal redneck guy?
yes, Trae Crowder. The other guys tour with him as the WellRed comedy tour. Funny group. Guessing Comedy Central is doing a show or something as I am starting to see these videos around

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I like Van Jones a lot - wish he and Axlerod would team up and run for POTUS........or at least have them both on the ticket. Barring that - a role in the current administration.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

4th and final episode (for now) is airing next Sunday. I followed the case on Serial and Undisclosed podcasts. The show has been pretty good as well.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Saw this pop up on Netflix earlier today. Haven’t watched it yet.

Watched last night. It was very well done IMO. It gives a quite attractive view of AOC during her campaign and on election night!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
what a time it was indeed

EJI unveils new monument honoring 1950s lynching victims - video at link

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Equal Justice Initiative is celebrating 30 years and the one-year anniversary of the opening of the National Memorial for Peace and Justice and the Legacy Museum.

As part of the anniversary commemoration, EJI dedicated a new monument to 24 women, men, and children who were victims of racial terror lynchings and violence during the 1950′s. Among the victims honored are Emmett Till and Voting Rights activists Harry and Harriette Moore.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Stopmotion assembling the Romfell Panzerwagen kit from Copper State Models in 1/35. With the diorama I tried to simulate the kit's boxart.

Many thanks to Chloé Plattner for her great support.

The Romfell panzerwagen, a unique Austro Hungarian armoured car with its distinctive inward-sloping body, even today it looks like from another galaxy. It was designed by Hauptmann Romanic and Oberleutenant Fellner. Their names were combined to give the name to this car. Romfell was equipped with a machine gun that was an air-cooled Schwarzlose M07/12 protected by gun shields, with a supply of 3,000 rounds. Based on the schassis of a civilian Mercedes passenger car, the idea was to design a fast, high.y manoeuvrable vehicle with good towing capacity, giving full protection to its crew and equipment against standard infantry bullets. In some literature it is suggested that there have been two Romfell armoured cars. Official reports do not mention anything about a second car and the conclusion is that there was only ever one car body, but with two different chassis. I painted the model with colours from Alclad II (Mil-Specs and metallics), additional details achieved with rods and tubes from Albion Alloys.

Music: Night Snow from Asher Fulero

Reactions: seebell

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Couple movie trailers - both movies about Fox News. The first one on Showtime the second in the theaters.

=============
This seven-part limited series is about Roger Ailes, the founder of Fox News. It focuses on the past decade in which Ailes arguably became the Republican Party's de facto leader, and the sexual harassment accusations that brought his career to an end. Starring Russell Crowe, Naomi Watts, and Sienna Miller. The Loudest Voice premieres Sunday, June 30 at 10/9c only on Showtime.

==============
US Release Date: December 20, 2019
Starring: Margot Robbie, Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman
Directed By: Jay Roach
Synopsis: A group of women decide to take on Fox News head Roger Ailes and the toxic atmosphere he presided over the network.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.