Question: Will we see Tua and Jalen on the field together

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Original poster here, from now on you can refer to me as “he who knows”. Seriously though having a package like this just makes sense. It may be used very sparingly, but what it does to a back 7 to have Jalen take a handoff to the outside will be fun to watch. They have to stay with their assignments until he crosses the line. This freezes over half the defense.
And - if you let him get to the line, you're already in a world of pain. He's a load to bring down with a head of steam...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm basically unconnected down here. What did Mack have to say?
It was a tweet. He just bristled at criticism and said half the critics didn't know anything about football. As I said, he's one of our defensive problems. Should have kept his mouth shut. As 81 said, I wouldn't be surprised at a signal-caller change...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I appreciate the fire but Thompson and Wilson have left a lot to be desired with aligning the people around them and being in position themselves. Each of them have tons of talent and make big time plays but they've been completely out a play they ought to have defended way too often this season.

And I've said this several times: I think our new look defensive staff owns some of this too. The young men look under-prepped at times.
True. I haven't gone back to look, but I think it was DT and Diggs both chasing a receiver in the flat late and neither anywhere close enough to make a play. That was a busted call...

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
It was fun to see Jalen and Tua in the game at the same time for 2 plays. I don't think we will see a lot of that in the future, but it will be interesting to see if we do more of it It definitely gives the opposing defenses some more things to try to prepare for.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I was glad to see it. I predicted in the 2018 Bold prediction thread that sometime during the season Tua would throw a TD pass to Jalen so this keeps that possibility alive. Living here in PA I've seen Penn State do this quite effectively with McSorley and backup Tommy Stevens.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Original poster here, from now on you can refer to me as “he who knows”. Seriously though having a package like this just makes sense. It may be used very sparingly, but what it does to a back 7 to have Jalen take a handoff to the outside will be fun to watch. They have to stay with their assignments until he crosses the line. This freezes over half the defense.
With so many posters explaining why that was such a bad idea, I'm surprised you don't spike the ball. ;) :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.