Question: Does Waddle deserve more touches?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Oh I wouldn't doubt it. English is a relatively difficult language.

I think the hardest language I have ever attempted is Hindi. I tried to learn a little before I spent a semester hiking/backpacking there and it was nearly impossible for me.

Spanish I can do.
I have always had a knack for reading almost any language. I might not know what I am reading but I tend to say everything correctly. At least according to people that actually speak it. I was talking and understanding Italian after only a week there. Now I did have some Spanish in college and was probably why I could pick it up. There is some cross over or similar words between the two. Now I have forgotten most of what I learned in Italy. It took me a couple of weeks to stop saying grazie and prego to people.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yep, our receivers are running wide slap open on most plays. Tua has a buffet to choose from. The 2nd Hentges TD was to Tua's left and Jeudy's man in the right slot blitzed leaving Jerry waving his hands in the end zone. Startling to choose to leave JJ uncovered on a blitz, but there are no good choices for DCs against us.
IMO, due in large measure to the fact that we now have a QB who is adept at progressions. Oh, and an O line that so far has shown an ability to give him time to read them.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I have always had a knack for reading almost any language. I might not know what I am reading but I tend to say everything correctly. At least according to people that actually speak it. I was talking and understanding Italian after only a week there. Now I did have some Spanish in college and was probably why I could pick it up. There is some cross over or similar words between the two. Now I have forgotten most of what I learned in Italy. It took me a couple of weeks to stop saying grazie and prego to people.
My Spanish skills come and go pretty rapidly. Probably 6 or 7 years ago I was in Peru for a month studying Spanish and teaching at a school and by the end of that idk if I was fluent but I could say everything I needed to and understood everyone I talked to. I haven't had as much of an opportunity to speak in Spanish since then though. When I was in Cuba last year I got back into it pretty quickly but after a few weeks back home it felt like I had lost it all again.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had three years of Latin in HS. That helps enormously in learning any European language (except Magyar, Estonian and Finnish), but particularly the Romance tongues...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I had three years of Latin in HS. That helps enormously in learning any European language (except Magyar, Estonian and Finnish), but particularly the Romance tongues...
I also took Latin in HS and in college -- along with French. I've passed proficiency exams in theological French, Latin, German, Hebrew and Greek -- but don't ask me to speak much in any of them...or read any but the simplest French, Latin or Greek. Time relentlessly erodes the unused skills.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I also took Latin in HS and in college -- along with French. I've passed proficiency exams in theological French, Latin, German, Hebrew and Greek -- but don't ask me to speak much in any of them...or read any but the simplest French, Latin or Greek. Time relentlessly erodes the unused skills.
Yes, it does. I use my German and Norwegian daily. French, Spanish and Latin fade rapidly...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think we're only going to see more teams kicking away or generally making the return game impossible on punts and kicks due to Waddle and Jacobs success. Jacobs has a defined role in the offense, so we know he can make an impact. Waddle seems to be getting his now though I'm surprised he hasn't gotten some Harvin-at-Florida type counter trey handoffs when they motion him into the backfield.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think we're only going to see more teams kicking away or generally making the return game impossible on punts and kicks due to Waddle and Jacobs success. Jacobs has a defined role in the offense, so we know he can make an impact. Waddle seems to be getting his now though I'm surprised he hasn't gotten some Harvin-at-Florida type counter trey handoffs when they motion him into the backfield.
We don’t want Waddle hit by guys 250+. Let him get tackled by DBs this year. If possible.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hey now, Percy was getting tackled by DBs on those plays back in 2006-08 too because no one touched him until he was 10+ yards down the field.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And, instead, they do it with - HURTS!

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Yes... if for nothing more than forcing defensive coordinators to game-plan for it.
Defensive Coordinator: Well... we have to cover Smith, Jeudy, and Ruggs, all while keeping eight in the box to stop Harris number one, Harris number two, Jacobs, and Robinson.
Linebackers Coach: Hurts, too.
Defensive Coordinator: Yes, it Hurts... hand me another 5 Hour Energy.
Defensive Backs Coach: What about Waddle?
Defensive Coordinator: I'm going to waddle to the can and throw up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.