The Good, the Bad and the Ugly pig style

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
The Good: Offense!! This offense is so fun to watch. I think one of the only times we seem to struggle is when we either are trying new things for down the road (and this is not often) or we shift to just burn clock mode by running up the middle. I love to see Lockley experimenting every game to expand the playbook. And YES he did go there with Jalen and Tua duo ...:D

The Bad: Defense looked like someone else today and worse yet we may be vulnerable in some areas. Hope we can get it figured out before LSU.

The Ugly: Kicking game ....

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly pig style.

The Good..... the O and Tua's precision on his passes
The Bad.... The Defense was out of position often
the ugly ---- any one who gave 35 points and lost the extra point miss.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

The Good - The Offense

The Bad - Missed extra point

The Ugly - Inability of the defense to adjust.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

The Good: The offense, the replay official (that is how it is done other replay guys)
The Bad: Missed extra points
The Ugly: Defense, the refs (these guys were awful)

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

GOOD: Offense; seems to be no major injuries ; WE WON!

BAD: missed extra point; camera angles at beginning of game; refs not calling holding on Arkansas

UGLY: our Defense at times; 31 points on scoreboard (Does Tosh know how to adjust at the half? )

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The Good: Tua is peerless, we can actually run when the numbers are even or in our favor which will happen more as people realize Tua has to be defended first and foremost.

The Bad: Inside backer play on covers out of the backfield (H-Back/Tailback), Outside backers getting washed away on edge runs, Safeties being out of position way too many times in run support, Bad tackling from the back seven as a whole.

The Ugly: Defensive adjustments by the staff are bad. Either one step behind a career under-.500 HC playcaller OR just flat out not happening. Either way, all comments from Saban seem to indicate that he's more ticked at the staff than the players.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

The Good - the offense looks like something from a video game

The Bad - gave up 31 points, a lack of discipline (for us) in the center of the defense, and a bit loose with the ball

The Ugly - can the GOAT CFB coach not find some sort of consistent kicker? What does it say that Ray Perkins and Bill Curry could get better kickers than Saban? Also - start of the game weather and TV camera coverage, but I understand it

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

We have become Baylor and I do not like it. I hate having to score a bunch of points to win. Since I can't do anything about the new style of football I guess my only choice is to change with the times or love being Baylor. At some point I guess I will get used to it.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Good- The offense looked sharp, and I really liked seeing D. Harris get some pounding runs again.
Bad- The kicking game and the defense. I'm not used to putting our defense in the bad category, but this crappy (Yes, I said crappy and not scrappy.) Arky team had guys running wide open way too often in the passing game, and they gashed us on some big runs.
Ugly- I started the day with a great round of golf and got to hang out and watch college football all day, so it is hard to think of anything ugly. However, the continued overuse of replay just continues to take away from my enjoyment of games. It took about 30 minutes to run five or six plays at the end of the first half of the MSU and AU game because they had about four long replays in six plays. It's just absolutely ridiculous.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Good-easily the offense and seeing Bama can still run the ball but I was never worried about that. CNS said it perfectly at halftime...We’re going to take what they give us! Now, if it is passing, we’ll shred defenses even faster.

Bad- unwillingness to call holding on our opponents

Ugly- film session for the defense. I cannot remember a squad looking as confused as our linebackers were during an entire game since Saban got here. Wants more troubling is they never got any better during the game. In fact they looked worse as the game progressed. Saban will need a throat lozenge or two this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Good - 40+ again by halftime
Bad - TOP is hurting our D
Ugly - Stidhams Heisman Bid

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Good- the offense/ loved seeing Jalen on field w/Tua

Bad- Kicking game (again) and our defense

Ugly- EP miss/gave up too many points

RTR

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Ugly: at Arkansas.

Since Saban has been HC, 2008 and 2012 are the only two times it has not been ugly there.

In 2016, a Bama team which many have said had one of the best defenses of all time. Alabama 49 - Arkansas 30. Arkansas with 473 yards on offense and won the time of possession handily.

2014, 14-13. 2010, 24-20.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Good - 40+ again by halftime
Bad - TOP is hurting our D
Ugly - Stidhams Heisman Bid
I have to agree, especially on the "Bad." I guess it just goes with our quick strike offense. OTOH, at least we're not losing the TOP because of 3 and outs...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Good: This offense is sick (in a good way)

Bad: Defense. The pigs put together a great offensive game plan, but we could not adjust to it. Our offense can carry the rest of the team, but no one is unbeatable. We need to get it fixed before we face the meat of our schedule.

Ugly: Kicking game and AU's offense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : FLASH SALE 25% off !

TideFans.shop 25% off sitewide!!
TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.