New kicking idea...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Bulovas is a Redshirt Freshman so I think inexperience is part of the woes. I'm not happy, but that could be a cause.
I think that Bulovas will be fine. I am not as sure about Delong.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Was that not the only extra point kick he has missed this year? I know Jones missed a few.
The problem is he's 5-8 on field goals, which is less than stellar. In the last two games he's missed two field goals (both well within his range) and an extra point.

On the bright side, he's had to kick a lot of extra points.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The problem is he's 5-8 on field goals, which is less than stellar. In the last two games he's missed two field goals (both well within his range) and an extra point.

On the bright side, he's had to kick a lot of extra points.
Yeah, I think he's made 35 extra points. LOL

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
He may have accepted the fact that we are not really good on D any longer. I think what got him so upset in the past was knowing we could have done better.
With respect,I don't think, despite the breakdowns, the defense is "not really good any longer"...............lots of youth, and they lost quite a bit of talent. Given time, I think they will get there..........might even surprise us before all is said and done. I look for them to come out firing on all cylinders against Mizzou

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
We should do this every time we get inside the other team's 40. Think of the stress other teams would have with our offense on the field for 4th downs too.
A number of years ago VT had the same problem.
Frank Beamer was at witts end, they began going for it on 4th downs, instead of trying Field Goals...
They also went for 2 after Touchdowns,
It actually worked pretty well.
BUT...
The next year he had a kicker, and they abandoned the idea.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.