Tropical Storm Michael strengthening, to hit Florida Gulf Coast by mid-week

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Heard of a guy that lives in Mexico Beach and got word from his insurance company "Good news... You have flood and hurricane insurance. Bad news... You don't have blowing rain insurance."

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Heard of a guy that lives in Mexico Beach and got word from his insurance company "Good news... You have flood and hurricane insurance. Bad news... You don't have blowing rain insurance."

Good news. You have hurricane insurance. Bad news, it only pays out if the hurricane happens on a Wednesday without an R in the month, the hurricane has a female name, and if ole miss wins the SEC.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
yeah, was about to post some of that

what I can confirm. My house looks about gone from the shots I see here. Zoom in and out, this goes from Dauphin Island out past Appalachacola https://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/michael/index.html#15/29.9369/-85.4113

Killer Seafood is wiped out. Haven't spoken with the owners, hope they are physically ok but know from talking with them back in May that they were wanted to sell and move on. Hope they rebuild but I am betting that they will take the insurance and go.

Toucans is also completely gone as is the bridge on 98 next to it

The El Governor Hotel is standing, partially. The highrize is there the lowrize is only a slab.
Just checking in Jon - how are things? Please keep us posted....

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Just checking in Jon - how are things? Please keep us posted....
just back from the area. Everything is worse than it seems on TV, far worse actually. People are largely doing ok in St Joe beach but they are going to need a lot of financial help. Talked to a lot of neighbors who did not have enough insurance or that did but it didn't cover contents, etc. If anyone wants to do anything send money not things.

As for me, my house is gone as is much of my stuff. I had flood with contents so I will be ok but no idea when or if we will rebuild. waiting to see how insurance plays out

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I live in the Southwest Georgia area where Hurricane Michael was a cat 3 when it passed through. Next time, I will evacuate. We've never had that kind of storm pass through. Tree were down everywhere. I lost 4 and 1 pecan tree fell on the house but only hit the corner of the house and did very minimal damage. We were blessed. So thankful to all the people around the country who came to our aid. I was without electricity 8 days but many are still without.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
I live in the Southwest Georgia area where Hurricane Michael was a cat 3 when it passed through. Next time, I will evacuate. We've never had that kind of storm pass through. Tree were down everywhere. I lost 4 and 1 pecan tree fell on the house but only hit the corner of the house and did very minimal damage. We were blessed. So thankful to all the people around the country who came to our aid. I was without electricity 8 days but many are still without.
RTG you still hanging in there. I know it was tough over there. Thomasville got by relatively unscathed by comparison. DM if I can help in any way.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Last night at my small group, a guy was talking about going to PC for a day to help cleanup. He mentioned all of the donations at one location. One guy in the group is a manager at the Montgomery Coke plant. He said he knew FEMA was going to order half a million cases of water from them but backed out once they saw all of the donated water coming to the area.

Good to see/hear of people coming together in times like this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.