Question: When was the moment you realized that Tua was something special?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
When, in the NCG, after throwing the INT, he's on the sideline walking with his arm around Coach's shoulder and telling him it's going to be okay. No one does that, unless you have that special something.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
All of those are great moments, but I think the NCG was his defining moment..................to come in down that many points and calmly lead the team to victory, and not look flustered at 2nd and 26, then throw the strike.............

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I knew that he was better than Jalen early on, but I really didn't have an appreciation for just how special he might be until the CFPNCG.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
First practice video I saw of him and he never missed hitting the receivers in the hands. Thought he was really good then but then the Vandy game and the whirly move straight into throwing a perfect strike and I was SOLD!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Vandy was the eye-opener, but the pass to Ruggs in the UT game was next-level spectacular. That's when I knew he had talents we hadn't seen at Bama in my life time.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
When the wise men came from the east bearing gold, frankincense and myrrh announcing his arrival.

Last edited:

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
The spin pass against Vandy showed me the first glimpse that Tua was special. It wasn't until he threw the winning TD against UGA, though, that I realized just how special he is. That really was an amazing pass.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
All the answers referring to regular season games are correct but for me it was when he came off the bench in the NC game and led us down the field for a score. In that situation with all the pressure and we are in dire straits against that team? And he’s like Joe Montana out there. I was blown away and have been since.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Vandy was the eye-opener, but the pass to Ruggs in the UT game was next-level spectacular. That's when I knew he had talents we hadn't seen at Bama in my life time.
Same for me. I thought he should've been the starter after this game. And that's not just based on how he played, but based on how the rest of the offense responded when he took the field. As we saw later in the season, the offense seemed juiced when he took the field.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.