Mike stoops out at oklahoma - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Mike stoops out at oklahoma

A coaching change won't do much if OU doesn't start recruiting defense better.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Now you’ve got me wondering if something happened during that rumored “halftime confrontation” that led to the OU President stepping in and making decision to send Stoops packing?
    Like Texas, things are messed up when somebody lets the 'Big Hats' call the shots.
    When the money guys begin playing politics and football, it want be long before one of them decides CLR should be next to go.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I wonder what the plan is for the Sooners right now. They are in the middle of a possible championship season. You can't change defensive philosophies at this point, so what change will actually make them better in the middle of this season?

This timing makes sense only if you have given up on the 2018 season or if he has become a clubhouse problem somehow.
    That's what I was thinking. This seems like a team who has lost three or four games already and is ready to scrap things and start over. Frankly, it seems like something Auburn would do.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Incidentally, a rumor - and it is ONLY a rumor so far as I can tell at this point (handle with care) - is that Kelly Bryant has narrowed his choices down to two teams, Penn St and Oklahoma.

I only bring that up because with Murray gone after this year as noted, this could be interesting.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Incidentally, a rumor - and it is ONLY a rumor so far as I can tell at this point (handle with care) - is that Kelly Bryant has narrowed his choices down to two teams, Penn St and Oklahoma.

I only bring that up because with Murray gone after this year as noted, this could be interesting.
    He would be a downgrade for either of those schools - major downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    Lol. Would that be an upgrade or downgrade?
    Upgrade or downgrade from who? Defnintely down from Tosh, but an upgrade from Butch?

This may have an impact on the Bama coaching staff. I'm not mad about it though.
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; October 8th, 2018 at 08:11 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Analysts don't coach.
    "Allegedly"

"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Second Team

Analysts don't coach.
    Still no, don't need him at the Capstone...

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    This may have an impact on the Bama coaching staff. I'm not mad about it though.
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes looking............insider info?

BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Mike stoops out at oklahoma

Analysts don't coach.
    I know this is true - I am surprised that they are allowed on the sideline on gameday. I wonder if the reduction in headsets caused that move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FB|BB Moderator

University president meddling with an assistant? That's a bad look, even if it is a DC whose last name is Stoops.

Sends a message that donors are making decisions, and that opens Pandora's box.

I don't disagree that Stoops should have been gone a while back. At the end of this year, absolutely.

But now, with donors pulling Howdy Doody's strings? Jiminy Christmas, does the leadership have any idea what this says about not only the football program, but also your school?

This was a nasty rookie mistake, made by a insecure president. It could be one that exacts a toll long after Stoops is replaced. Ask UTw how that works.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; October 8th, 2018 at 09:33 PM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    "Allegedly"

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. If I could hire a guy with hc experience and familiarity with the inner workings of the best program in college football to replace my incompetent DC, I would probably do it.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings