Mike stoops out at oklahoma - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Mike stoops out at oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    That game, like the OSU/UM game, features a lot of upsets. But OU could get a second shot at Texas in the conference championship game. I like the Sooner's chances in a rematch.
    They call ‘em “rivalry” games for a reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    IIRC Mike Stoops has had the reputation of being a volatile, hot head. Maybe his anger got the better of him in the locker room and he went over the edge.
    Crazy rumors swirling that Stoops got into a fight with a LB during halftime of the Texas game...This might square with the punching the LB rumor.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Crazy rumors swirling that Stoops got into a fight with a LB during halftime of the Texas game...This might square with the punching the LB rumor.
    A Sooner poster has refuted that rumor.

A Sooner poster has refuted that rumor.
    Well he's claimed it's false - I'm not sure an anonymous poster on a forum can truly refute anything.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Well he's claimed it's false - I'm not sure an anonymous poster on a forum can truly refute anything.
    Agreed, but it is an internet rumor. No credible source has weighed in to my knowledge. I don't tend to believe outrageous accusations without some credible source, and a coach hitting a player is as bad as it gets in sports.

Agreed, but it is an internet rumor. No credible source has weighed in to my knowledge. I don't tend to believe outrageous accusations without some credible source, and a coach hitting a player is as bad as it gets in sports.
    Yah, a sports radio guy in OU is where I heard it, but it's definitely not hit the mainstream. Which means it's unlikely as this would be HUGE news.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    There is something about that game with Texas. It's very strange. Texas almost always underachieves. But somehow against Oklahoma, they are able play above their heads from time to time.
    Kind of like the barn does against us?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Yah, a sports radio guy in OU is where I heard it, but it's definitely not hit the mainstream. Which means it's unlikely as this would be HUGE news.
    So I haven't read what Bolton (the LB supposedly involved) has to say. That would probably go a long way to putting the rumor to bed, one way or another.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

Mike Stoops is hoping to be Bama's line backer coach next season.