Pondering the future... Bama/Saban/QB - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Re: Pondering the future... Bama/Saban/QB

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    I’d look for Saban to keep Enos....... open that check book, and Locksley will possibly get a head coaching job
    Locksley has already had an HC job and didn't fare too well. I would think he likes where he is and the money he is making...as well as the players he gets to work with day in and out. Sometimes being the 1st Lt. is better than being the General.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Agreed. Taulia is not as accurate IMO. In one game this year I think Taulia was 25 for 45 for over 400 yards but no way Tua would have had 20 incompletions. Taulia's arm strength may be as good or better than Tua's however.
    I explained this earlier in the thread and was trying not to be so explicit with it because I love Thompson, but honestly, we probably don't have D1 prospects at receiver. Catch my drift? Against Hoover alone, the Red Zone drops numbered in the double digits. You have to watch the games and see ball placement, not just go by incompletions.

Coach Freeman is good, but he is yet to draw up a play where Taulia throws the ball AND catches it.
    Last edited by JamieSPC; October 9th, 2018 at 07:16 PM.
    "So, if you wanna drink the Kool-Aid..." Nick Saban, September 27, 2008

JamieSPC drunk on Kool-Aid, 2008-2018

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamieSPC View Post
    I explained this earlier in the thread and was trying not to be so explicit with it because I love Thompson, but honestly, we probably don't have D1 prospects at receiver. Catch my drift? Against Hoover alone, the Red Zone drops numbered in the double digits. You have to watch the games and see ball placement, not just go by incompletions.

Coach Freeman is good, but he is yet to draw up a play where Taulia throws the ball AND catches it.
    That is why I brought up the Elite 11 competition. He did have elite receivers in that game.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    That is why I brought up the Elite 11 competition. He did have elite receivers in that game.
    And how did he do???

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_N_Va View Post
    And how did he do???
    His team was eliminated early. They don't post stats. But this was a comparison to Tua, who not only led his team to victory in the Finals but was also named the MVP. After the competition the man who runs it said that Tua was the best QB who he had ever coached.

I think that Tualia is going to be very good, but pump the brakes on the "better than Tua" stuff.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    Locksley has already had an HC job and didn't fare too well. I would think he likes where he is and the money he is making...as well as the players he gets to work with day in and out. Sometimes being the 1st Lt. is better than being the General.
    True, but he might take a chance again..................in any case, I'd pay whatever I needed to spend to keep both of them

Now, we have another QB controversy already...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-SEC

Just for kicks and giggles which team would y'all like to see Tua drafted to?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    He's the future Redskins QB. I already called dibs

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    One of the franchises that gives him a chance at multiple Super Bowls - Giants and Steelers have aging QBs and both would win a ton with a guy like Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Redskins fans are doomed to suffer as long as the greatest jerk in the sport owns your team.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Redskins fans are doomed to suffer as long as the greatest jerk in the sport owns your team.
    Trust me I know. I've actually decided I'll become a fan of whatever team drafts him and possibly leave or at least temper my Redskins fandom. I have a ton of issues with the owner and team for a variety of reasons. If they hadn't drafted Payne and Allen I might have given up already. And this is coming from a lifelong fan.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    God, no, thats almost as bad as going to cleveland.