Re: Pondering the future... Bama/Saban/QB

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    He should be a Falcon.
    Falcons need a defense. They have a QB.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    The Falcons need a lot of things. Defense, a coach that can actually evaluate defensive talent, a better QB, a GM, etc.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    The Falcons need a lot of things. Defense, a coach that can actually evaluate defensive talent, a better QB, a GM, etc.
    LOL, I feel you, man.

BamaNation All-American

Yeah no way that happens but it would be a ton of fun. Tua throwing to Ridley and Julio? Yes please.

I think the Giants and Steelers were good thoughts but the Giants might be drafting one this year. I'd add the Chargers, Broncos, Jaguars, Cardinals, Patriots, Saints and Redskins could all be potentially looking for QBs in 2020. Some of those teams will likely be too good and won't have the pick to draft him though.

And then MAYBE the Dolphins, Bengals and Colts depending on what happens with their QBs this season and next.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Yeah no way that happens but it would be a ton of fun. Tua throwing to Ridley and Julio? Yes please.

I think the Giants and Steelers were good thoughts but the Giants might be drafting one this year. I'd add the Chargers, Broncos, Jaguars, Cardinals, Patriots, Saints and Redskins could all be potentially looking for QBs in 2020. Some of those teams will likely be too good and won't have the pick to draft him though.

And then MAYBE the Dolphins, Bengals and Colts depending on what happens with their QBs this season and next.
    You mention a lot of teams that I would hate to see him land on. I want him to win championships.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post

The Pats are pretty smart when it comes to the draft. They like to trade picks away for future draft picks. They could trade their 1st round pick to a team this year and end up with 2 first round picks in 2020 and then trade up to get Tua in anticipation of Brady retiring.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

His team was eliminated early. They don't post stats. But this was a comparison to Tua, who not only led his team to victory in the Finals but was also named the MVP. After the competition the man who runs it said that Tua was the best QB who he had ever coached.

I think that Tualia is going to be very good, but pump the brakes on the "better than Tua" stuff.
    I'll admit I don't know anything about the Elite 11. I've just watched, in person, every game Taulia has played at Thompson. No idea if he will approach what we are seeing from Tua, just can comment that his stats, as outstanding as they are, don't tell a complete story, especially when it comes to accuracy, which is what I was addressing.

You just gotta see him play...
    "So, if you wanna drink the Kool-Aid..." — Nick Saban, September 27, 2008

JamieSPC— drunk on Kool-Aid, 2008-2018

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

Quote Originally Posted by JamieSPC View Post
    I'll admit I don't know anything about the Elite 11. I've just watched, in person, every game Taulia has played at Thompson. No idea if he will approach what we are seeing from Tua, just can comment that his stats, as outstanding as they are, don't tell a complete story, especially when it comes to accuracy, which is what I was addressing.

You just gotta see him play...
    I agree. I won't get into the "who is better", but I can tell you that Taulia is definitely more like Tua than different, except he's right handed. He has a lightening fast release and is deadly accurate - much than his stats show. I watched that Hoover game, and I counted at least 10 very catchable balls that hit the turf. He also has Tua's traits of processing information very quickly under pressure.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, 1-7-10

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, 1-10-12

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, 1-7-13

"Alabama, back on top of the College Football world!" - Chris Fowler, 1-11-16

"Touchdown!!! Alabama Wins!!!" - Chris Fowler, 1-8-18

Honestly, after Tua, don't write off Mac Jones. That dude has moxy and looks like a player to me.

BamaNation All-American

You mention a lot of teams that I would hate to see him land on. I want him to win championships.
    Me too. Just the teams I think are most likely

Based on what? Tua was much better against Elite 11 level competition.
    My bad. I thought the thing said BIGGER than Tua. I read it wrong. I have posted (quite possibly in this thread) that Taulia is NOT better than (not even as good as) Tua.

Pardon the confusion
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American

Would be fun to see him with the Saints. Michael Thomas, Kamara with Paytons system. that would be fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    Just for kicks and giggles which team would y'all like to see Tua drafted to?