Pondering the future... Bama/Saban/QB

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I watched 3 quarters and he was lost. His passes were off the mark. He had wide open receivers that he was missing by 5+ yards. I mean, he was missing them by so much that they couldn't get near the balls. He was terrible. If he had one good quarter, great, but they were losing because he was miserable in the first 3 quarters.
I understand, but I only saw the 4th quarter and he turned it on in the 4th. Sounds like he was having an off night to some extent.

I just think some folks can't give him any credit, not matter what. I'm not saying I think he's great, but that many overstate how bad he is.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I understand, but I only saw the 4th quarter and he turned it on in the 4th. Sounds like he was having an off night to some extent.

I just think some folks can't give him any credit, not matter what. I'm not saying I think he's great, but that many overstate how bad he is.
I disagree. He seems to be a pretty mediocre QB. I didn't watch the 4th quarter but I've watched him a few times and he makes some terrible decisions and really bad throws that fans would have killed him for if he was here. He's a decent QB but I'm still not sold that he's even better than Jalen overall.

And I'm not someone who cares much at all that he left here. I don't have any ill will toward him. In fact I said earlier this year that I hope he does well.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I disagree. He seems to be a pretty mediocre QB.

He's a decent QB but I'm still not sold that he's even better than Jalen overall.
To be fair, I never said he was great. Matter of fact, I said he was not. That probably means he is mediocre, which is what you say so I think we agree more than disagree.

He's probably alot like most other quarterbacks not named Tua, which means he's inconsistent. Sounds like he was off for 3 quarters and then turned it on for the fourth.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
If you want to see what terrible QB and WR play looks like, turn on ESPN. The USF/Tulsa game offers a reminder that being open is only a part of the battle. The QB has to get you the ball, and the receiver has to catch it.

And Barnett is not a good passer.
There is a huge difference between 7 on 7 and real football...huge. Lots of QB's look good in that format....

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The announcers have even said he looks uncomfortable. They are blaming it on being only in this system for 10 weeks. What I see is the same thing I saw against USC.
He was here for a year and was beaten out by a guy who had been here ten weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
To be fair, I never said he was great. Matter of fact, I said he was not. That probably means he is mediocre, which is what you say so I think we agree more than disagree.

He's probably alot like most other quarterbacks not named Tua, which means he's inconsistent. Sounds like he was off for 3 quarters and then turned it on for the fourth.
Yeah that's fair. Although I think comparing him to Tua and putting him an a big group of anyone worse than Tua is a little off. It's kinda like saying well Blake Bortles isn't Tom Brady but who is? There are plenty of QBs much better than Bortles/Barnett but not as good as Brady/Tua.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm doing my best this year to keep up with both Taulia and Tyson. This thread seems like a good place to post my stats since we are talking about the Post-Tua Era

For those interested here are their respective season stats through last night.....

Taulia: 186 for 293 (63.%) for 2,615 Yards 25 TD's and 4 INT's (7 Games) AVG: 374 YPG and 3.5 TD's PG

Tyson: 139 for 197 (70.6%) for 2,169 Yards 20 TD's and 1 INT (8 Games) AVG: 271 YPG and 2.5 TD's PG

Taulia's Comp% is not as good as it could be because his WR's have been dropping too many passes.

Both guys are having GREAT season's so far but man Taulia's production just jumps off the page. He might not be as good as Big Brother Tua but he's DAMN good.

I'm really looking forward to a 3-way battle between Mac, Tyson, and Taulia!!!...... One Day....Far from now....lol

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.