Pondering the future... Bama/Saban/QB

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Tua is gone after next year. After his performances this year and potentially doing the same again next year..... he's the #1 overall pick. No way he bypass that for senior year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
FIFY. And totally agree there is no way he stays for his 4th year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Based on what? Tua was much better against Elite 11 level competition.
Agreed. Taulia is not as accurate IMO. In one game this year I think Taulia was 25 for 45 for over 400 yards but no way Tua would have had 20 incompletions. Taulia's arm strength may be as good or better than Tua's however.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
B1G.....you just gave me “Goosies” 🤩
JMO, and I said this after the GA game - I think that Tua goes to the NFL as the #1 draft pick after the 2019 season. He will be 30-0 as a starter and wearing 3 championship rings. He may also be the second player in history to win the Heisman twice.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I’d look for Saban to keep Enos....... open that check book, and Locksley will possibly get a head coaching job
Locksley has already had an HC job and didn't fare too well. I would think he likes where he is and the money he is making...as well as the players he gets to work with day in and out. Sometimes being the 1st Lt. is better than being the General.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Agreed. Taulia is not as accurate IMO. In one game this year I think Taulia was 25 for 45 for over 400 yards but no way Tua would have had 20 incompletions. Taulia's arm strength may be as good or better than Tua's however.
I explained this earlier in the thread and was trying not to be so explicit with it because I love Thompson, but honestly, we probably don't have D1 prospects at receiver. Catch my drift? :) Against Hoover alone, the Red Zone drops numbered in the double digits. You have to watch the games and see ball placement, not just go by incompletions.

Coach Freeman is good, but he is yet to draw up a play where Taulia throws the ball AND catches it. :)

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I explained this earlier in the thread and was trying not to be so explicit with it because I love Thompson, but honestly, we probably don't have D1 prospects at receiver. Catch my drift? :) Against Hoover alone, the Red Zone drops numbered in the double digits. You have to watch the games and see ball placement, not just go by incompletions.

Coach Freeman is good, but he is yet to draw up a play where Taulia throws the ball AND catches it. :)
That is why I brought up the Elite 11 competition. He did have elite receivers in that game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
And how did he do???
His team was eliminated early. They don't post stats. But this was a comparison to Tua, who not only led his team to victory in the Finals but was also named the MVP. After the competition the man who runs it said that Tua was the best QB who he had ever coached.

I think that Tualia is going to be very good, but pump the brakes on the "better than Tua" stuff.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Locksley has already had an HC job and didn't fare too well. I would think he likes where he is and the money he is making...as well as the players he gets to work with day in and out. Sometimes being the 1st Lt. is better than being the General.
True, but he might take a chance again..................in any case, I'd pay whatever I needed to spend to keep both of them

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just for kicks and giggles which team would y'all like to see Tua drafted to?
One of the franchises that gives him a chance at multiple Super Bowls - Giants and Steelers have aging QBs and both would win a ton with a guy like Tua.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Redskins fans are doomed to suffer as long as the greatest jerk in the sport owns your team.
Trust me I know. I've actually decided I'll become a fan of whatever team drafts him and possibly leave or at least temper my Redskins fandom. I have a ton of issues with the owner and team for a variety of reasons. If they hadn't drafted Payne and Allen I might have given up already. And this is coming from a lifelong fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.