Pondering the future... Bama/Saban/QB

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Falcons need a defense. They have a QB.
Yeah no way that happens but it would be a ton of fun. Tua throwing to Ridley and Julio? Yes please.

I think the Giants and Steelers were good thoughts but the Giants might be drafting one this year. I'd add the Chargers, Broncos, Jaguars, Cardinals, Patriots, Saints and Redskins could all be potentially looking for QBs in 2020. Some of those teams will likely be too good and won't have the pick to draft him though.

And then MAYBE the Dolphins, Bengals and Colts depending on what happens with their QBs this season and next.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah no way that happens but it would be a ton of fun. Tua throwing to Ridley and Julio? Yes please.

I think the Giants and Steelers were good thoughts but the Giants might be drafting one this year. I'd add the Chargers, Broncos, Jaguars, Cardinals, Patriots, Saints and Redskins could all be potentially looking for QBs in 2020. Some of those teams will likely be too good and won't have the pick to draft him though.

And then MAYBE the Dolphins, Bengals and Colts depending on what happens with their QBs this season and next.
You mention a lot of teams that I would hate to see him land on. I want him to win championships.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

The Pats are pretty smart when it comes to the draft. They like to trade picks away for future draft picks. They could trade their 1st round pick to a team this year and end up with 2 first round picks in 2020 and then trade up to get Tua in anticipation of Brady retiring.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
His team was eliminated early. They don't post stats. But this was a comparison to Tua, who not only led his team to victory in the Finals but was also named the MVP. After the competition the man who runs it said that Tua was the best QB who he had ever coached.

I think that Tualia is going to be very good, but pump the brakes on the "better than Tua" stuff.
I'll admit I don't know anything about the Elite 11. I've just watched, in person, every game Taulia has played at Thompson. No idea if he will approach what we are seeing from Tua, just can comment that his stats, as outstanding as they are, don't tell a complete story, especially when it comes to accuracy, which is what I was addressing.

You just gotta see him play...

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I'll admit I don't know anything about the Elite 11. I've just watched, in person, every game Taulia has played at Thompson. No idea if he will approach what we are seeing from Tua, just can comment that his stats, as outstanding as they are, don't tell a complete story, especially when it comes to accuracy, which is what I was addressing.

You just gotta see him play...
I agree. I won't get into the "who is better", but I can tell you that Taulia is definitely more like Tua than different, except he's right handed. He has a lightening fast release and is deadly accurate - much than his stats show. I watched that Hoover game, and I counted at least 10 very catchable balls that hit the turf. He also has Tua's traits of processing information very quickly under pressure.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Honestly, after Tua, don't write off Mac Jones. That dude has moxy and looks like a player to me.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Based on what? Tua was much better against Elite 11 level competition.
My bad. I thought the thing said BIGGER than Tua. I read it wrong. I have posted (quite possibly in this thread) that Taulia is NOT better than (not even as good as) Tua.

Pardon the confusion

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IMO, the 2019 draft has no clear 1st round QBs, and certainly no one worth a #1 overall pick. The NFL will be starving for QBs by the time the 2020 draft rolls around. If Tua comes out, he is probably the first player taken. The NFL team with that pick is going to be holding the golden ticket, whether they need a QB or not.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What a thread!

I don't even want to think about Tua not being at Bama this soon, but I can't wait to see what he'll do in the NFL with his skills.

I just hope a legit team makes a move for him and he has a chance to play in a decent franchise.

It's not that I'm a huge Patriots fan, but I could see them making the moves to get someone like Tua to replace Brady.

Concerning CNS's future, I think with the kind of offensive explosion we're seeing right now and hopefully with Tualia for the next few years, we should be able to hand pick the best receivers in the nation.

How ironic might it be that CNS becomes known for crazy, explosive offenses in the twilight of his career???

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If you want to see what terrible QB and WR play looks like, turn on ESPN. The USF/Tulsa game offers a reminder that being open is only a part of the battle. The QB has to get you the ball, and the receiver has to catch it.

And Barnett is not a good passer.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If you want to see what terrible QB and WR play looks like, turn on ESPN. The USF/Tulsa game offers a reminder that being open is only a part of the battle. The QB has to get you the ball, and the receiver has to catch it.

The announcers have even said he looks uncomfortable. They are blaming it on being only in this system for 10 weeks. What I see is the same thing I saw against USC.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

The announcers have even said he looks uncomfortable. They are blaming it on being only in this system for 10 weeks. What I see is the same thing I saw against USC.
Thanks for notifying me of Barnett's game. I tuned in to watch him lead USF to a 4th qt. comeback.

Y'all may not like him and I know he's no Tua (but who is) but he was always alot better than some folks were willing to admit.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks for notifying me of Barnett's game. I tuned in to watch him lead USF to a 4th qt. comeback.

Y'all may not like him and I know he's no Tua (but who is) but he was always alot better than some folks were willing to admit.
I watched 3 quarters and he was lost. His passes were off the mark. He had wide open receivers that he was missing by 5+ yards. I mean, he was missing them by so much that they couldn't get near the balls. He was terrible. If he had one good quarter, great, but they were losing because he was miserable in the first 3 quarters.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.