Diggs out with a broken foot (Report: Out for Season)

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: Diggs out with a broken foot

Best wishes to Trevon on a SPEEDY recovery.

Big loss for the team.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Yeah but it couldn’t come at a worse week. While many seem to poo poo Drew Locke’s talent as a QB and just point to stats, that offense now gained an advantage and they have a QB that is a legitimate gun slinger. If our line backers and line doesn’t generate pressure then we could be in for a real ballgame for the first time this year.
Appropriate pressure will be key. Need to generate with 4 man just like we did against Ole Miss. Have to be able to drop the LB's into coverage.
This is gonna be a huge week for the 2-deep on the D-line.
It's time to release Eyabi Anoma into the wild during legit snaps.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This is bad. I don't feel like eating lunch now. We seem to have defensive injuries each year that are significant. I hope Trevon heals quickly and that the "next man up" can contribute. Who are his backups?

Jobe? Smith? Knott? Lots of players ready to contribute more.

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

If they devour film this week and practice hard I still think we will be ok.

Can anybody say what Mizzou's O-line is like? I think that'll be the tale of the day.

I think Bama's defense had their eyes opened. They had their egos bruised. This is certainly not what you want to have happen but I think we will be ok. Would be better if he were healthy but some of those guys have been in the program long enough that they should be able to contribute.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Saivion Smith better be ready to go. Josh Jobe and Mayden need to be ready to go as well. It sucks but next man up until Diggs returns. The offense better score a lot of points this week.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Yes but now our best corner is an inexperienced talented true freshman. Diggs going down puts a tremendous amount of stress on our defense because he was our only true lockdown cornerback.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

What’s telling is Coach didn’t know about it until some time yesterday.
Just means that Diggs didn't realize how bad it was, so didn't tell the trainers. I broke my left foot a few years ago and ran on it for 2 weeks before I realized that something serious was wrong and sought treatment.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL

Diggs was just starting to come into his own. Sucks for him and for the defense. Time for Smith, Knott, or whoever to step up their game.

We seem to have had an inordinate amount of foot injuries the past 2-3 seasons.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Saivion Smith better be ready to go. Josh Jobe and Mayden need to be ready to go as well. It sucks but next man up until Diggs returns. The offense better score a lot of points this week.
He has 2 pick sixes. He is ready.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Yes but now our best corner is an inexperienced talented true freshman. Diggs going down puts a tremendous amount of stress on our defense because he was our only true lockdown cornerback.
I disagree. I know that you guys love Diggs, but he is probably the least talented of your CBs. He is more experienced and has blazing speed, but SSmith and JJobe are more talented.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018

Foot fractures can be easily missed on plain radiographs (X rays)--the sort of imaging study you would get in the "locker room" during the game. It's possible that Diggs needed to get a CT scan in order to detect the foot fractures. Now we are told that he will get an MRI for further assessment ( i.e. to detect occult fractures and/or ligamentous damage).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I disagree. I know that you guys love Diggs, but he is probably the least talented of your CBs. He is more experienced and has blazing speed, but SSmith and JJobe are more talented.
He totally shut down his side of the field against Ole Miss and aTm allowing more help from the safeties on Surtain’s side and the middle. It’s a pretty serious loss

MobileBama84

Scout Team
Aug 30, 2016
Daphne, AL

I think between Saivion Smith and Shyheim Carter, they will be able to fill the void of Diggs. Saivion has the length and speed while Shyheim has the scrappy play much like Cyrus Jones had. I hate to lose such a great player and person that Diggs is, but I have to believe we will be fine in the end. And we have a home game this weekend rather than traveling to Missouri which will help our defensive backfield. We will probably see more of Jared Mayden as well in this game. I am really hoping to also see, as some other have mentioned, Eyabi Anoma get more playing time off the edges and get to Drew Lock.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Yep, like I said on the first page...Diggs has been a shutdown corner in 2018 or at least just about as close to it as there is on the team. This is a huge loss because he's the only corner with returning experience despite not being a starter until this season. We're going to be relying even more on DBs who have yet to show the ability to handle pattern matching zone.

Diggs out with a broken foot

As the sky is falling for a lot of you, I think we are fine. The defense has a way of getting better during this time. I like Diggs though, really do, but I think we are good in this area at least for now.

Now though, kinda see what Arky did when it came to scoring.

Last edited:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

I think between Saivion Smith and Shyheim Carter, they will be able to fill the void of Diggs. Saivion has the length and speed while Shyheim has the scrappy play much like Cyrus Jones had. I hate to lose such a great player and person that Diggs is, but I have to believe we will be fine in the end. And we have a home game this weekend rather than traveling to Missouri which will help our defensive backfield. We will probably see more of Jared Mayden as well in this game. I am really hoping to also see, as some other have mentioned, Eyabi Anoma get more playing time off the edges and get to Drew Lock.
Anoma needs to get more playing time. Miller and Jennings are good but not great. Anoma is way too talented to be on the bench. He at least can bring pressure as a situational pass rusher. That will help out the DB's.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.