Diggs out with a broken foot (Report: Out for Season)

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: Diggs out with a broken foot

He seemed to be really starting to be a big time player for us. This is not good. Well, nothing we can do except hope the next guy up can get it done.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers

Agreed - my break was a stress fracture from running - 3 months to heal adequately for me to run on it. Had it been a break from trauma, it would have only taken a few weeks before I could have resumed running (per my podiatrist).
I concur. I had stress Fx and it took months for it to stop hurting. Mine too was from running 3 miles a day.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Agreed - my break was a stress fracture from running - 3 months to heal adequately for me to run on it. Had it been a break from trauma, it would have only taken a few weeks before I could have resumed running (per my podiatrist).
I can sympathize.............broke my right foot at football practice in 4 places, and it took forever to heal..................didn't heal back correctly, and gives me issues to this day

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

The players seems pretty relaxed about the next man up philosophy at Alabama - not rattled at all by this injury.
This is how I feel. It sucks and yes he is a huge part of the defense. But, what else can we do but say "next man up". I just don't worry about these kind of things. We lost a lot last year and still won. So we will figure it out.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Thing is, if we had to score 80 to win, I have every bit of confidence we would do it.
I do as well.............although Saban will take his foot off the gas.....which is good in a sense that he doesn't want to humiliate the opponent, but the higher the score goes, it also takes the fight out of the other team and demoralizes them

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

It's really a blow to Diggs and to the team but I keep remembering how OU made it to the playoff a year ago and took UGA to OT with a great offense but a poor defense. Even with the injury our defense will not be as bad as OU's was a year ago while our offense is every bit as good or even better than OU's was so I'm still confident that we will be able to make the playoff.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Someone like Mayden or Jobe will have to up their game. It stinks but if we can have guys step up and Diggs is able to return later in the season then I'll be feeling better.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

This is one reason I don't mind Coach Saban getting Tua out of the game when it is in hand. Can't afford to lose that young man.

Zach

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 25, 2017

Everyone thought bama was toast last year with all of the injuries at LB. I think it turned out “aight” for the team. Might give up an extra td or two over the course of the season but with the offense bama has they will be ok. A strong defense is a powerful offense.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Everyone thought bama was toast last year with all of the injuries at LB. I think it turned out “aight” for the team. Might give up an extra td or two over the course of the season but with the offense bama has they will be ok. A strong defense is a powerful offense.
Well if everyone didn’t lose then we would’ve been toast. We may have had the stats, but our defense was only great in 3 games last year that matter (FSU, Clemson, and UGA). MSU, LSU, and Auburn has great success against our injured defense.

This year our best defense is Tua. I believe we have a thinner and less experienced 2014 Alabama defense, but we have an offense to negate their mistakes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He was going to be out until the playoffs anyway. This just means that a defense capable of getting into the playoffs without him will have to finish without him.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

4-6 months ? That must be a really serious fracture. Hopefully that report is inaccurate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.