Diggs out with a broken foot (Report: Out for Season)

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Saban quote on Diggs - Is he injured?

Just read this on Twitter - Nick Saban on filling the void of Trevon Diggs: “It’s going to be challenging. Obviously we’re very thin. … We don’t have a lot of depth right now. We’re going to have to work to get some players to develop and play for us.”

What did I miss from Saturday's game?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Diggs out with a broken foot

He's really the only corner I'd trust if we needed to "matchup" on an elite receiver. This is very bad for a defense that hasn't had a ton of positives in the back seven other than Diggs and Deionte

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

What a shame both for Diggs as an individual and for the team which was light on experience and now they have lost their most experienced player. Foot injuries are tough and tend to take a while to heal. Best wishes to Diggs for a speedy recovery.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Well that may explain his drop in play during that game. After he swatted away that ball near the sideline he looked out of sorts constantly.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I thought the D would respond vs Missouri. Less sure of that now.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

really not good. Being down Davis, Wright and now Diggs means we don't have a ton of options left.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

This just means Miller and Jennings are going to be key to preventing a shootout on Saturday night. That’s unless Savion can step up big time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Could mean anything from a few missed weeks to out until the playoffs. Hope he is fine.

As for the defense - Saban will sort this out. You have a ton of very, very talented players who have been waiting for a chance to play in the secondary.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I seem to remember early in the game Saturday a play near the sideline where Trevon came up “gimpy” and was walking gingerly back to the huddle. Man that sucks for him. He was showing a lot of progress.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

This is bad. I don't feel like eating lunch now. We seem to have defensive injuries each year that are significant. I hope Trevon heals quickly and that the "next man up" can contribute. Who are his backups?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Could mean anything from a few missed weeks to out until the playoffs. Hope he is fine.

As for the defense - Saban will sort this out. You have a ton of very, very talented players who have been waiting for a chance to play in the secondary.
Yeah but it couldn’t come at a worse week. While many seem to poo poo Drew Locke’s talent as a QB and just point to stats, that offense now gained an advantage and they have a QB that is a legitimate gun slinger. If our line backers and line doesn’t generate pressure then we could be in for a real ballgame for the first time this year.

FWIW we are going to win, but this may be one of those Prilosec games

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.