Congrats to Drew Brees. And thank you for having a bum shoulder

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sorry, hate the Pats but that is Brady. No one is close.
Are you really trying to draw me in by supporting my opinion or is this for Buzzard? *** blue*** ;)

Honestly Brady and Brees would’ve probably given us a Big Mac vs Sosa type record chasing season had he not gotten hurt in 08.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I think Brees and Saban could have won a Super Bowl in Miami together but Brees would never break all the records he broke in NOLA. Sean Payton is a different breed of Offensive mind that not even Saban could match at the pro level. Saban would have restricted Brees to a more balanced scheme that allowed defense to take the lead.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I think Brees and Saban could have won a Super Bowl in Miami together but Brees would never break all the records he broke in NOLA. Sean Payton is a different breed of Offensive mind that not even Saban could match at the pro level. Saban would have restricted Brees to a more balanced scheme that allowed defense to take the lead.
This is true. Brees could be out of the league by now, who knows? It was and still is a great fit for him in NOLA. By the way, I had the pleasure of being at the game Monday night, thanks to my friend's wife who wasn't up for it. I go to about 1 game every 2 years.

As much as I would love Tua to be the heir to Brees, I don't think that will be possible. Unless Brees gets hurt, and we fail to resign Bridgewater, we shouldn't be worse than 9-7 next year. I do think he will be the #1 pick. He would probably be that this year if he were eligible.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Sorry, hate the Pats but that is Brady. No one is close.
I kind of have a weird opinion on the GOAT debate. I think Brady is without question the Greatest QB ever. However, I'm not entirely convinced he is the BEST QB ever. And I think there is a difference between the 2. And then you could even go to the most talented QB ever (I'd probably choose Rodgers).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I kind of have a weird opinion on the GOAT debate. I think Brady is without question the Greatest QB ever. However, I'm not entirely convinced he is the BEST QB ever. And I think there is a difference between the 2. And then you could even go to the most talented QB ever (I'd probably choose Rodgers).
Greatest choker Qb is Peyton;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is true. Brees could be out of the league by now, who knows? It was and still is a great fit for him in NOLA. By the way, I had the pleasure of being at the game Monday night, thanks to my friend's wife who wasn't up for it. I go to about 1 game every 2 years.

As much as I would love Tua to be the heir to Brees, I don't think that will be possible. Unless Brees gets hurt, and we fail to resign Bridgewater, we shouldn't be worse than 9-7 next year. I do think he will be the #1 pick. He would probably be that this year if he were eligible.
Some scouts have actually said he would be #1, if he could come out...

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
Going back to the whole GOAT thing. I think Brees is a top 5 QB all time and so is Brady. Many will argue that they were products of an era, but I think that time will temper that argument. WE are about five years away from having a massive shortage of elite QBs in the NFL and folks will be looking around wondering who the next Brees and Brady. Brees has records that may very well never and I mean NEVER be broken. I honestly don't think anyone will ever pass for 5,000+ yards in a season five times. FIVE TIMES!!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Going back to the whole GOAT thing. I think Brees is a top 5 QB all time and so is Brady. Many will argue that they were products of an era, but I think that time will temper that argument. WE are about five years away from having a massive shortage of elite QBs in the NFL and folks will be looking around wondering who the next Brees and Brady. Brees has records that may very well never and I mean NEVER be broken. I honestly don't think anyone will ever pass for 5,000+ yards in a season five times. FIVE TIMES!!
I know that is a popular idea out there but I'm not sure I buy it. There are plenty of young promising QBs in the NFL. For example there is Mahomes, Wentz, and Goff and those are just 3 that popped into my head.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I know that is a popular idea out there but I'm not sure I buy it. There are plenty of young promising QBs in the NFL. For example there is Mahomes, Wentz, and Goff and those are just 3 that popped into my head.
Maybe so and Baker Mayfield looks like he came to play too, but are they Rothllisberger, Rogers, Brees, Luck and Brady or are they Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton and Philip Rivers?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.