Question: Do you remember a time in the past when the O was ahead of the D? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Do you remember a time in the past when the O was ahead of the D?

Alabama's offense is much, much better now than 2014. Tua >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blake Sims. Also, the receivers and offensive line are much better now. Running backs are a push because that team had Yeldon, Derrick Henry and Fowler. Still believe the defense will improve throughout the course of the year. Injuries are the main concern of course. Would be nice if the special teams got better.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Despite the issues, I think the defense has heard the criticism and has something to prove...... I think they show up this weekend......
    I'm not sure we would be hearing as much criticism if we had not given up that cheap touchdown at the end of the game last week. 65-24 is pretty dominant without the extra TD. It could have been even higher scoring too if we had kept our starters in all game. But I do believe the defense will show up angry this week.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    I'm not sure we would be hearing as much criticism if we had not given up that cheap touchdown at the end of the game last week. 65-24 is pretty dominant without the extra TD. It could have been even higher scoring too if we had kept our starters in all game. But I do believe the defense will show up angry this week.
    I feel the same........ I think they come out with a chip on their shoulder and are ready. Had the starters stayed it it might have been 70 points or more, but that risks the starters, and we donít want any future injuries

BamaNation All-SEC

I think Arkansas may have been saving some plays for that game because they had looked completely inept on offense before then. Almost as if Morris pulled a Hugh Freeze.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    If they don`t, there`s something wrong with them. Hopefully, their pride was bruised last weekend.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    If they don`t, there`s something wrong with them. Hopefully, their pride was bruised last weekend.
    Judging by the comments some of them made, I'd say it was...............Dylan Moses took the blame for their performance.....of course, many of those long plays and gains made by the Hogs were assisted by holding that wasn't called...........had they not held, how many yards would they have gotten?
    Last edited by Keeter; October 11th, 2018 at 07:42 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

The Arky game was not as close as the score indicated, not from what I saw. Game was really over at halftime, possibly even before that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Idk, I'm having a heck of a lot of fun with that kind of talk
    Hahaha, I hear you. I was also raised to be nervous about taking things for granted, you know, something about counting chickens before they hatch. However, if we go 15-0 and win SEC and national titles and whip every team we play by 20 or more points, I will love talking about this team being the best ever from January until the A-day game. Then we will talk about the potential for the 2019 team being even better.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    The Arky game was not as close as the score indicated, not from what I saw. Game was really over at halftime, possibly even before that.
    10 years ago, if Alabama had beaten Arkansas 65-31, there would've been a wild party on University Blvd. The defense had some lapses and became unfocused up 21-0 but it was a total blowout that Arkansas had no chance of winning. I just wonder if there would have been as much outrage had they not scored at the end and the final ended up 65-24. I'm not sure there would be. But maybe that was a kick in the pants the unit needed.