Question: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Neither did I. He continued to play up to his level, but defenses had figured out what that meant and game plans were put in place to meet that threat. The good news - Ingram was so good that no game plan could stop him. Without Ingram, your season is lost in 2009.

GMac was never more than a good QB. He played to his potential and was lucky enough to play for Alabama.
    Yeah I think we agree here.

Greg - and I love the guy, I really do - was a competent accompanying musician in the studio capable of playing out on the road. The star in 09 was the defense, Julio and - as the year progressed - Ingram.

Tua is Mick Jagger, taking a great band to legend.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post

Greg - and I love the guy, I really do - was a competent accompanying musician in the studio capable of playing out on the road. The star in 09 was the defense, Julio and - as the year progressed - Ingram.

This is the best analogy I have heard LOL, you nailed it.This team has won titles with so so QB's, Tua is a great QB and even if someone slows him we have great RB's and so far they have been well preserved. Our RB's will be the best rested come late season sprint for the Title. This is a 2 headed monster like no one has seen before. Our defense got a slap last week, expect to see them step it up a notch from this point.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    There is no wall. GMac was exposed. Tua has proven his abilities against GA.
    So far it looks like TUA has no walls.
    Greg was a good QB, but Tua is a great QB.
    BIG DIFFERENCE.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post

i can't wait to see tua strut around like a rooster after his next "wow" play
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

I am sorry but Tua and Greg shouldn't be named in the same sentence. I like Greg, but he was a game manager.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Most of us remember 2009 and how GMac hit a wall in his production. Most of us agreed it was the long grind of a college football season to a new starter.

First question: can Tua avoid this wall?

Second question: does playing so little in the second half of these games help decrease his chances of his production fading as the grind continues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is an interesting thought. Not only do people "hit a wall" at times during the second half due to being worn out, but we also play tougher teams down the stretch that cause production to drop. Plus, those teams have had an opportunity to scout what we have been doing and finding tendencies. That is exactly where I think it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise with regards to Tua not playing much in the second half. Teams don't know what we are likely to do in a close game coming down to the wire because we haven't had it happen. Of course, we also don't have the confidence that comes with having that experience and coming through it successfully. I'm thinking it will be fun to watch how things unfold.
    Last edited by teamplayer; October 10th, 2018 at 03:33 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

Switching it up a bit, I think the question should be, Will Tua be able to reach Greg’s wall? Despite how good Alabama has been for the past 10yrs, Greg is the only QB to lead a team to an undefeated season and a National Championship in an arguably much tougher conference at the time. AJ couldn’t do it, Blake couldn’t do it, Jake couldn’t do it, Jalen couldn’t do it. Will Tua be the first QB to break the one-loss season wall only overcome by Greg? I think it is highly likely.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

BamaNation All-American

Tua doesn't hit walls. Walls hit Tua.

I think he could hit a wall. In fact, I think he could hit a 6" hole in a wall at 70 yds...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Tua looking at that midseason plateau like...

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Apples and Oranges
    12 years of beating Tennessee...sweet

BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Tua looking at that midseason plateau like...

Arguably, if coach would have put him in 4th quarter, we’d have won the state rivalry too.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer14 View Post
    Arguably, if coach would have put him in 4th quarter, we’d have won the state rivalry too.