Question: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 80
  1. #66
    BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fairhope, Alabama
    Posts
    3,274

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I agree, and I have no idea why he feels that way. It certainly wasn't a barrier in Rece Davis' way to the top...
    I think he is trying to be like Herbie. He got credibility when the Ohio State fans turned on him from time to time.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

  2. Advertisement
  3. #67
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    17,986

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    I think he is trying to be like Herbie. He got credibility when the Ohio State fans turned on him from time to time.
    Herbstreit got credibility by being impartial. GMac is not being impartial. He has swung too far away from Alabama. Herbstreit actually believes what he says, which creates credibility. GMac is saying things that he can't possibly believe just to sound less biased, which comes off sounding lame and insincere. No one is buying it, and it is just annoying.

  4. #68
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    35,943

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Greg took his wall with him when he left the university. He was a game manager and does not compare in any way to Tua. Tua has forgotten more about passing than ďGmacĒ will ever know. And frankly Iím not sure Alabama history will be kind to Greg if he keeps up what he is currently doing. After listening to Greg add the color commentary to the game on Saturday, frankly I donít like him anymore. Thatís right, I said I no longer like him. He seemingly goes out of his way to distance himself from us and slam Alabama any chance that he gets. I get not being a homer, but he seems almost by his commentary to be ashamed to have gone to school here. He obviously wants a career in big time broadcasting and for some reason feels that his past here is a liability instead of an asset. At least thatís the way he sounds to me.

    The fact is, Greg lucked out by being at the right place at the right time and respect for seniority(next in line). Saban would never have recruited him.
    He irritates fans so much they're making videos making fun of him.

    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  5. #69
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arab, AL
    Posts
    16,145

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    The reaction to AJ McCarron is almost as funny as the McElroy one. And Tua... spot on.

  6. #70
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    53

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Greg took his wall with him when he left the university. He was a game manager and does not compare in any way to Tua. Tua has forgotten more about passing than ďGmacĒ will ever know. And frankly Iím not sure Alabama history will be kind to Greg if he keeps up what he is currently doing. After listening to Greg add the color commentary to the game on Saturday, frankly I donít like him anymore. Thatís right, I said I no longer like him. He seemingly goes out of his way to distance himself from us and slam Alabama any chance that he gets. I get not being a homer, but he seems almost by his commentary to be ashamed to have gone to school here. He obviously wants a career in big time broadcasting and for some reason feels that his past here is a liability instead of an asset. At least thatís the way he sounds to me.

    The fact is, Greg lucked out by being at the right place at the right time and respect for seniority(next in line). Saban would never have recruited him.
    That seems a little harsh. Maybe I missed something during the broadcast, but I didn't think he was out of line. While he was a game manager type of QB, he did what he was asked to do quite well. And in the 2009 SECCG he really excelled. That would have been a tight game if it hadn't been for him having a career day.

  7. #71
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Posts
    10,848

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueguitar View Post
    That seems a little harsh. Maybe I missed something during the broadcast, but I didn't think he was out of line. While he was a game manager type of QB, he did what he was asked to do quite well. And in the 2009 SECCG he really excelled. That would have been a tight game if it hadn't been for him having a career day.
    I have no problem with what happened or even how he performed when he was a player here. Itís all of his snide comments and backhanded remarks that he has made collectively regarding our players and program since he has joined the SEC Network/ESPN that I am sick and tired of. I will never listen to him do a game again and will not watch his stupid programs on the network either.

  8. #72
    BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,686

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    There is no wall. GMac was exposed. Tua has proven his abilities against GA.
    This.

    GMac's stats were smoke and mirrors. This is pure, unadulterated, supreme talent.
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

    -Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

  9. #73
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,207

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    If the wall gets open Tua will hit it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #74
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    I've never seen a qb that can process information by going thru this progressions as fast as Tua. It's not just his arm talent, which is insane, but if a defense can take away his first, second or third option, he'll find his fourth in a matter of just a couple of seconds. It's one reason why he's hardly ever touched in the pocket. He gets rid of the ball so fast. And then, when he throws it, he is just insanely accurate.

    CNS comparing him to Drew Brees is crazy too. Don't recall CNS ever doing this with another player.

  11. #75
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    Tua has superb pre snap recognition, is fully exceptional at post snap reads, and when the play breaks down he knows the wide outs routes based off of scramble drills. There is no wall for him to hit in my opinion, unless they drop 8, in which case I'm sure he'll pick that up and kill the pass for a run. Maybe I'm wrong, but as of now, I feel pretty good about it.

  12. #76
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,416

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    See LSU 2009 when Coach almost pulled the redshirt off AJ McCarron


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was skimming through this thread and this is the first time I saw this mentioned. The way I remember it was that GMac had been struggling and that continued in the 1st half of the LSU game. CNS nearly put AJ in the game but decided to stick with GMac. GMac threw a pass to Julio, Julio made a great play and scored on a long TD pass and that seemed to break the slump. In the SECCG GMac played very well and I though the difference was that he was allowed to run the ball early on. In those days CNS did not want the QB to run at all and GMac always seemed to be more effective when he was able to run a few times during the game.

  13. #77
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Slocomb, Al
    Posts
    809

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    Idk about Tua but Fromm hit McElroy's wall.

  14. #78
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,017

    Re: Will Tua hit McElroy's wall?

    Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    Idk about Tua but Fromm hit McElroy's wall.
    I think he hit the Great Wall of China. That was ugly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!