Link: #MeToo darkside: Student has to spend $12,000 defending against false claims.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Beyond “he said, she said”, what other way is there?
Lest I be misunderstood, I would draw a difference between a criminal charge, in which the standard is “guilt beyond a reasonable doubt” (in which ther penalty for being found guilty is prison) and something like a public office (say, Supreme Court Justice) in which the penalty for being found “guilty” is you just don’t get the public office. Different cirumstances, different standards.

Now, having said that, there are lots of ways to corroborate a story. If my semen is found in a young woman’s panties the morning after, that means my defense of “I never knew her” ain’t gonna work.* Then, if she has bruising on her arms or legs, that would imply force. If she has tearing on the vaginal wall, that implies forced entry. All of that requires timely collection of evidence. Is she waits a week or two, that evidence fades.
If it is “he said, she said,” with absolutely no corroborating evidence, then getting a criminal conviction is going to be difficult, probably impossible.
In the case of a University Title IX Kangaroo Court, err, “hearing,” I have had a student’s life ruined by an uncorroborated allegation, with independently verified evidence that the so-called victim texted “thanks” to the alleged rapist, after the alleged rape. No other evidence was presented. He said/she said. He was found “responsible” anyway and his life ruined. It was a disgusting travesty of justice.

* Unless I am a star quarterback at a university in Tallahassee ands the alleged rape happened in Tallahassee. Sorry Seminoles, you are going to have to own that one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.