“Dixieland Delight” Has Been Set Free

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Well intentioned, however...

Actually it is a ruse to get the students to stay until the 4th quarter and then they won't be able to find the soundtrack. ;)

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I find it humorous that Dixieland Delight got banned because of added lyrics, and I agree that they're too far, but Basket Case by Green Day is just as bad w/r/t to lyrics. I know they don't sing Basket Case, but still humorous to me.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This whole controversy is an example of what happens when a sport that used to be about and for the students becomes a billion dollar industry. Now, rather than wanting the students to have fun, we want the students to "show class"? Like any of the people making these decisions acted differently when they were young?

This is why youth is for the young. As we get older we forget how to really LIVE.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This whole controversy is an example of what happens when a sport that used to be about and for the students becomes a billion dollar industry. Now, rather than wanting the students to have fun, we want the students to "show class"? Like any of the people making these decisions acted differently when they were young?

This is why youth is for the young. As we get older we forget how to really LIVE.
Duck!!! Incoming Class a morality and how Bama games are kid friendly environments. ***blue***

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I find it humorous that Dixieland Delight got banned because of added lyrics, and I agree that they're too far, but Basket Case by Green Day is just as bad w/r/t to lyrics. I know they don't sing Basket Case, but still humorous to me.
Or playing a certain C Murder song. Granted, no lyrics are played, but the song itself is pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
And maybe there’s a fat, white dude with a beard who climbs down chimneys and leaves toys every December......carried by reindeer on a sleigh!!!
Why yes Selma....there is a Santa Claus. But does he know the alternate lyrics to Dixieland Delight?

Enquiring minds want to know......

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Great this will fix the attendance issues because all of the students had quit coming to the games because they wanted to cuss out loud while singing a song during the 4th quarter.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If you didn’t already know what they were singing I don’t think you could tell it on TV. You can definitely tell in person.

I think it’s odd that they have been chanting the other words since atleast 08-09, but folks only really found out because Corso had to play the song on Gameday.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I had to dig to find out what they were singing - I remember it was pretty crude.
But you can’t understand the words listening to the radio or watching TV; I had to dig to learn the words to “Rammer Jammer”. [emoji853]

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I had to dig to find out what they were singing - I remember it was pretty crude.
But you can’t understand the words listening to the radio or watching TV; I had to dig to learn the words to “Rammer Jammer”. [emoji853]

2014 Iron Bowl was pretty clear on TV. Only time I recall being able to hear while watching at home, though.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I absolutely agree that Dixieland Delight should come back, but good luck getting the student section to not sing it with the inappropriate parts added in. Should be interesting to see on Saturday night.
Let the fans sing it how they want to sing it.
Same thing for Rammer Jammer. Folks have tried to stop us from singing it for years.

dirkg

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2014
www.facebook.com
Can’t see how this would keep students in the stands into the 4th quarter. If they want to hear the song they’ll just pull it up on YouTube. It’s not like back in the day when we’d spend HOURS glued to MTV just waiting til they played the Thriller video.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
One week and then it will get pulled again and I'm okay with that. Maybe I'm old and in the minority, but it's just inappropriate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.