“Dixieland Delight” Has Been Set Free

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Time warp has nothing to do with it. As for 92Tide....I THINK he means he will be in approval of all things in relation to boatracing Awbun. Don't go there with age gaps.
Don’t think you even understand what I was referring to.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't understand what you're trying to say. I'm not trying to spar or be a jerk, I really don't know what you mean.
I just dont think this is true with my experiences of going to games. Most of my worst experiences with classless fans are at BDS with fellow Bama fans. And none of those experiences are in the student section.
FWIW, I've been to games before it was banned and it was embarrassing to hear the students chant those words. We generally see ourselves as "classy fans" but this tradition doesn't fit the mold.

Last edited:

Drewy26

1st Team
Aug 16, 2008
Montgomery, AL
Can someone explain why "Dixieland Delight" is so important? I'm very far removed from being a "student's age" but I just don't get the affinity for the song in it's original arrangement of the "added words."

FWIW, I've been to games before it was banned and it was embarrassing to hear the students chant those words. We generally see ourselves as "classy fans" but this tradition doesn't fit the mold. And no, I don't think it's anything like "Rammer Jammer" either.
It's important to the students.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
My only problem with it is everyone is singing along to a song that says "Tennessee Saturday night" when we sure are not in Tennessee on each Saturday it is sung. My Tennessee fan friends use the fact that Bama sings DD as their only tool available to poke fun.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My only problem with it is everyone is singing along to a song that says "Tennessee Saturday night" when we sure are not in Tennessee on each Saturday it is sung. My Tennessee fan friends use the fact that Bama sings DD as their only tool available to poke fun.
Yeah, I don't get that either...why that song has become the battle cry of the students??? Plus, to say the least, I'm not a fan of the added lyrics by the students.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
why that song has become the battle cry of the students???
Same reason Steelers fans love “Renegade” by Styx during the 4th quarter. No Pittsburgh relationship with Styx or that song, but Steelers fans get extremely pumped during it.

I mean it’s really like trying to rationalize “ why someone loves Coke Zero but hates Diet Coke” doesn’t make sense but they just do. I’m not a fan of the song or the chant, but there are a significant part of Bama fans that do. So to each their own.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.