“Dixieland Delight” Has Been Set Free

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I can see it either way, but I think the idea that, “Hey, we’re up by 30 and I want to leave but I’ll stay just to shout the F word” is a little ridiculous, too.

In all honesty, how many folks are on their phones the entire game? And that’s not only young folks. If I use my phone during a Bama game it’s usually for pictures, and I usually use my higher grade camcorder for that anyway.

That’s why I’m not too hard on the students leaving. Some of the fans physically there aren’t even “there”.

And also - I’ve been there when they’ve played “Wagon Wheel” by Darius Rucker, Which May be veiled but is pretty risqué in content as well.
it's risqué and also gives errant directions to johnson city. but that's what happens when truckers toke

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Dixieland Delight is about audience engagement and participation.
Nobody sits at home and watches Rocky Horror Picture Show on DVD, either.
That’s funny - I’ve never seen it in a theater. Had a friend who did, like 10 - 15 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
After the announcement video (which looked like a hostage tape from the 80’s) and the follow the bouncing ball “how to” video, this is not going to turn out as intended.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
If they really had a chance of this working they should have suggested using. “Auburn Sucks”

This has literally no shot in working out. Better chance Tua plays 4QTRs against the Citadel.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Do you think they are trying to fail? Cause if I wanted this to go badly, that's how I would set it up. The video looks like something from SEC Shorts. Maybe the AD is in a no-win situation, but my opinion of him is sinking. And he's about to tick off 25000 or so future alums....

Unforced error. Wonder what they will chant about GB at the Mississippi State game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Something leads me to believe the students are going to call the bluff and this is going to stay. I just have the feeling CNS had a hand in bringing it back and the AD is just trying to play the PC game

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That’s funny - I’ve never seen it in a theater. Had a friend who did, like 10 - 15 times.

there was a group of us freshman year that went almost every spring semester weekend to the old theater at the end of the strip. it was fun and a nice introduction to weird culture for a relatively sheltered dork from haleyville.

i think they still have regular showings at one of the theaters in atlanta.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I mean at the end of the day we're watching a sport that is little more than simulated violence so cussing in chants seems on brand to me and the family environment stuff a joke. Like most contact sports, football is a sub in for melees and other blood sports being illegal or unseemly today. There will be some cussin' too, folks.

But that's just me, the sociobiological genious.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I mean at the end of the day we're watching a sport that is little more than simulated violence so cussing in chants seems on brand to me and the family environment stuff a joke. Like most contact sports, football is a sub in for melees and other blood sports being illegal or unseemly today. There will be some cussin' too, folks.

But that's just me, the sociobiological genious.
Yeah I’ve never got the idea that Alabama football is or ever has been a “family” environment. Should it be??? Sure but again it’s not, just a myth created by the older crowd.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Yeah I’ve never got the idea that Alabama football is or ever has been a “family” environment. Should it be??? Sure but again it’s not, just a myth created by the older crowd.
Kinda like trying to make Bourbon Street “kid-friendly”.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Something leads me to believe the students are going to call the bluff and this is going to stay. I just have the feeling CNS had a hand in bringing it back and the AD is just trying to play the PC game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Do you think they are trying to fail? Cause if I wanted this to go badly, that's how I would set it up. The video looks like something from SEC Shorts. Maybe the AD is in a no-win situation, but my opinion of him is sinking. And he's about to tick off 25000 or so future alums....

Unforced error. Wonder what they will chant about GB at the Mississippi State game.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, he's regarded as one of the best ADs in the nation.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I never understood the "love affair" with the song. It doesn't mention Alabama at all. It does mention Tennessee.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It's not, or shouldn't be though of as a family environment? Really?

I mean, I can maybe get on board with us clarifying the definition of what a family environment is, but if Alabama football shouldn't be thought of something you can enjoy with your kids then what the hell is the point?

Again, maybe we shouldn't be clutching our pearls at some things that we do, but geez. Some of my fondest memories of childhood involved going to Alabama games. Help me understand where I'm looking at this the wrong way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.