Imagine this playoff scenario - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Imagine this playoff scenario

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    LOL this is exactly how I feel. I also don't care to imagine any playoff scenario where Bama loses a game

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

Under your scenario I think the four teams you mention (Georgia, Ohio State, Notre Dame and Clemson) would get in. If OSU loses a game I think we would jump them because we would have a better loss to UGA than any team OSU might lose to. I think we would get in over a 1-loss OU team because they also had to go to OT to beat Army. We would get in over a 1-loss Washington team because they lost to Auburn who already has 2 losses and probably 3 after we beat them. An undefeated ND team will not be kept out of the playoff because they are ND. If they'd play 12 cupcake games and win them all by the score of 3-0 they'd still get in.

BamaNation All-American

If Alabama loses to UGA, I think we are out regardless. But if it is a close game, I think UGA may get in even with a loss. Odd how that works. It is not SEC bias, it is Alabama bias or fatigue if you will.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    If Alabama loses to UGA, I think we are out regardless. But if it is a close game, I think UGA may get in even with a loss. Odd how that works. It is not SEC bias, it is Alabama bias or fatigue if you will.
    The committee has no Bama fatigue, and that is the only group that matters. If last year did not convince you, you just don't want to be convinced.

BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    The committee has no Bama fatigue, and that is the only group that matters. If last year did not convince you, you just don't want to be convinced.
    Exactly- what happened last year actually confirmed the committee’s decision to put us in. I think the only way a 12-1 Alabama gets left out is if the loss in the SECCG was due to losing Tua in the game and he was going to be unable to return for the playoffs. That would devalue us significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Lordt!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

The winner of the SECC game is in and the loser will be on Bourbon Street for New Years. It is unlikely Clemson will lose, I don't think Michigan (regular season) or Wisconsin (in the B1G CC game) will beat tOSU. It appears, right now, that USCw is the only team that can derail Notre Dame. Right now, subject to any unexpected upsets, it would be the SEC Champion, Clemson, tOSU, and Notre Dame in the CFB Playoff.
    Last edited by GrayTide; October 11th, 2018 at 03:55 PM.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Imagine if someone were to ask Coach Saban a similar question.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    The logical side of his personality would respond much the same as everyone else here. The coaching side, which can only focus on one game at a time, knows that thinking like this can destroy preparation and undermine a season. Fans can speculate. Coaches can only prepare.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    The logical side of his personality would respond much the same as everyone else here. The coaching side, which can only focus on one game at a time, knows that thinking like this can destroy preparation and undermine a season. Fans can speculate. Coaches can only prepare.
    I think it would be humorous to watch him go ballistic.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post

Something like this:

“You want to know about the playoff. Well, what makes you think we’re even gonna be in the playoff? There’s a lot of good teams out there. And you take things one game at a time and you don’t worry about what may never happen. A lot of teams mentally preparing for games that won’t ever be played. Awight? It doesn’t make a damn bit of difference what YOU think. It doesn’t make a damn bit of difference - quite frankly - what the committee thinks the ratings are RIGHT NOW! And it doesn’t really matter what your little polls designed to give you and the fans something to talk about say, either. We will approach this the way we ALWAYS have - with respect and preparation for the next opponent and NO MORE! And if we execute play after play like we are supposed to do, and if we succeed enough in following our process......then and only then can we even talk or think about it. And I’d appreciate it if you’d just STOP with all the hypothetical questions that don’t do anything except give you things to say and contribute nothing at all to the success of the team. And quite frankly this whole exercise in hypotheticals P ME OFF because it’s nothing but a distraction. And a distraction is a lack of focus. So I hope that’s the last I hear about the playoff until after the end of the season.

And that’s all I’m saying on that so QUIT ASKING! Now.....anybody got a question?

BamaNation First Team Tider n LA's Avatar

Wait a minute folks! What about an undefeated Central Florida Team?