Link: Document Shows Untrained 'Third Party' Overruled Controversial Call in Pac-12 Game - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Re: Document Shows Untrained 'Third Party' Overruled Controversial Call in Pac-12 Gam

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Earle, I think this means you can call during games and overrule any targeting calls.
    and can assign any unsportsmanlike penalty calls for "fake" injuries on the field
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Re: Document Shows Untrained 'Third Party' Overruled Controversial Call in Pac-12 Gam

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    and can assign any unsportsmanlike penalty calls for "fake" injuries on the field
    We won’t need those for a few more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC

Can we get someone on the horn to officials to get some holding calls.

BamaNation First Team

Earle, I think this means you can call during games and overrule any targeting calls.
    And please, while you are at it Earle, tell them to move the goal posts farther apart when Bama is kicking XPs, or FGs...

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_N_Va View Post
    And please, while you are at it Earle, tell them to move the goal posts farther apart when Bama is kicking XPs, or FGs...
    Our just keep calling offsides on the D until we make it.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

It was folly to have a superior play the part of a subordinate.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

This explains a lot. Now and then a call is made with the only explanation being cheating. Bookie $$$. I wonder how much was made on that call. No this is not blue font because it does happen.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    This explains a lot. Now and then a call is made with the only explanation being cheating. Bookie $$$. I wonder how much was made on that call. No this is not blue font because it does happen.
    The line was -4.5, so USC didn't cover. Would have had to be a USC outright bet for it to matter.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    I don't know when this occurred in the game but anyone who thinks refs and officials don't take $$$ has a lot of explaining to do. There are those who won't believe it, I know, but don't they think it is funny that Politicians, Police, Preachers, Teachers, Lawyers, Judges, Coaches and players cheat -- but not refs and umps. No Way.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Makes about as much sense. Why this guy felt free to inject himself into the review process is beyond me. The first thing that occurs to me is to wonder how many other areas he's meddled in which are outside his normal role...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think Larry Scott is the worst conference commissioner right now, by far, and maybe the worst we've seen in a long time.

That conference has gone way downhill under his leadership. He botched the conference expansion deal with the Big 12 (I know Texas probably submarined that ultimately) and subsequently botched their conference network. If I'm not mistaken they are 5th among the power 5 in revenue right now because of the failure of that network. And this is not the first time they've had really odd officiating problems.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Yeah, I read that. Very strange. If it is true, someone needs to be fired.

....including Woodie Dixon. Ridiculous call.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

If we are not careful, they are going to get like European and South American football aka soccer players. No blue font here as it may come to this. unfortunately.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag