John Doe Breaks Down Defense vs Arkansas - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

John Doe Breaks Down Defense vs Arkansas

To counter our banned piggie buddy - here is a screen grab of their long run. Luckily they fumbled the next play and we went on a 99 yard TD drive.

Check out the bear hug their lineman has on 15 to spring this run. If McKinney is not held this play is DOA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Re: John Doe Breaks Down Defense vs Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    No, at the end of the day Saban is held accountable for what happens on the field.

These are kids. Not professionals.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Saban put them in the best position to be successful on and off field. It's up to the player to do their job. He's always telling the players and coaches this: do your job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Those videos are not only highly entertaining but very informative. Iíve learned a lot based on their in game analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Williams is a beast at the LS. He and Davis are being held on almost every play and still throwing off blockers and making plays.
    BIG, no way, our opponents don't hold!!!

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Saban put them in the best position to be successful on and off field. It's up to the player to do their job. He's always telling the players and coaches this: do your job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Maybe not if the position coaches are not holding up their end of the bargain, which is what some here have speculated is happening.
    I personally just think it's an experience thing. Mack can play better, but I'm not going to pile on when it seems pretty clear he's working hard to put it all together.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    ďAnd what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.Ē
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I've been saying for weeks that It was Mack and Moses not communicating with secondary. I watched the film again today and noticed Mack was going either wrong way or is too far out to make plays. You get my point, so I have to agree with RTR here. Something isn't right. Is it Golding? Is it Tosh? Is it simply case of calls coming in late? Is it Mack being overwhelmed? I honestly do not know. The good new is that everything is fixable. I suspect coaches are going to try something new. For example... DL get their play call from their designated guy on sideline. LB get their call from LB guy on sideline and Secondary get their call from Secondary guy on sideline. That might clean up some of miscommunication. Mack has to be aggressive when hitting folks. It's almost as if he is scared to do that for some reason. I got a feeling that this defense will be real good this weekend.
    Said it in a few other posts, but I think they have heard the criticism, and aren't happy with their play............and I think they come out ready to go and quiet the critics...........I believe they will
    Last edited by Keeter; October 11th, 2018 at 08:50 PM.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Said it in a few other posts, but I think they have heard the criticism, and aren't happy with their play............and I think they come out ready to go and quiet the critics...........I believe they will
    I hope you are right. I watched the breakdown and then went back and watched the game again. Our outside DBís are doing well. The whole thing is ILBís and CBís communicating and making the right reads. Someone isnít doing their job right and itís obvious itís the LBís. All of it is fixable because itís not a talent issue, but if itís not you can bet teams will continue to run plays for TE and RB all day. If Iím UM this week I come out and test them early and often to see if they have fixed the issues and if not Iím going to it over and over. Run it until they stop it.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bigjue24 View Post
    I hope you are right. I watched the breakdown and then went back and watched the game again. Our outside DB’s are doing well. The whole thing is ILB’s and CB’s communicating and making the right reads. Someone isn’t doing their job right and it’s obvious it’s the LB’s. All of it is fixable because it’s not a talent issue, but if it’s not you can bet teams will continue to run plays for TE and RB all day. If I’m UM this week I come out and test them early and often to see if they have fixed the issues and if not I’m going to it over and over. Run it until they stop it.
    Yes, it is fixable................it's frustrating, and I share the sentiment. I know in another post there was speculation that some position coaches might not be holding up their end of the bargain. Maybe, maybe not......I cant say, but I think ( and it's just my opinion............worth about .2 cents) a lot of it is experience. May be that the light hasn't clicked on yet. Again, I don't know, but the assistants on defense all were highly touted, otherwise Saban wouldn't have brought them on board. I would bet that the defensive coaches know UM will test them and test them hard, and have worked on getting them ready............we shall see. Maybe the refs will finally start calling holding calls................the defense got held a lot last week. And hopefully the communication improves...........maybe what JustNeedMe81 suggested above gets implemented.............sounds like a good idea
    Last edited by Keeter; October 11th, 2018 at 09:49 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC

"Where we see what they don't, and we say what they won't!". Love it!
    A
    A
    Well, get un-tired, because tonite is 2-for-1 crab legs at Captain OíLanders.

BamaNation All-American

We've been spoiled with our succession of ILBs over the past decade. It seems we've always had the next guy ready to step in and play after his predecessor left for the NFL. Mack and Dylan maybe just need a little more seasoning to assume the mantle.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

In the 2 seasons prior to this year, our defense really took a hit with the loss of SDH. Some of that was minimized by Foster and Evans still being there, but this year we have less collective experience at ILB than we've had in quite a while. Mack has never had to be "The guy" before, and Dylan is highly talented, but still pretty green.

I think we are just feeling the growing pains that most teams have when replacing that much talent on one side of the ball. We have been fortunate to reload with little drop-off over the years, but I believe we simply lost too much at one time this year. I believe Saturday was a learning experience, and I believe they will improve.
    ďAnd the roses in this grand olí stadium are once again Crimson!Ē - Eli Gold, 1-7-10

Alabama wasnít just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, 1-10-12

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, 1-7-13

"Alabama, back on top of the College Football world!" - Chris Fowler, 1-11-16

"Touchdown!!! Alabama Wins!!!" - Chris Fowler, 1-8-18

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    In the 2 seasons prior to this year, our defense really took a hit with the loss of SDH. Some of that was minimized by Foster and Evans still being there, but this year we have less collective experience at ILB than we've had in quite a while. Mack has never had to be "The guy" before, and Dylan is highly talented, but still pretty green.

I think we are just feeling the growing pains that most teams have when replacing that much talent on one side of the ball. We have been fortunate to reload with little drop-off over the years, but I believe we simply lost too much at one time this year. I believe Saturday was a learning experience, and I believe they will improve.
    Agreed - losing both ILB starters to the draft isn't something we've had before. We've always had a guy in waiting who had started one year before he had to be "the guy" and I think it's showing. This is also the youngest overall we have been at ILB since Rolando and Donta I think.