These "Roughing the passer" penalties in the NFL are beyond ridiculous...
Thanks Thanks:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0

These "Roughing the passer" penalties in the NFL are beyond ridiculous...

TJ Watt was FINED $20,000 for THIS ???

Coming soon to college football ???

They're making the games un-watchable enough as it is.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: These "Roughing the passer" penalties in the NFL are beyond ridiculous...

To be fair, he knows that he cannot hit a QB that low now and he did it anyway. How close was that to an ended season for that QB?

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    To be fair, he knows that he cannot hit a QB that low now and he did it anyway. How close was that to an ended season for that QB?
    The OL kinda threw him in the QBs general direction. I'm with GHoppr--BS call.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    The OL kinda threw him in the QBs general direction. I'm with GHoppr--BS call.
    Maybe, but he knew that his only shot at the QB was below the knees and he still tried. Anyone who watches football cringes when they see any player hit below or at the knees because of the potential injuries that can occur. This guy is rich. Let's not pretend this fine hurt him. But that play could have destroyed the season for that player and that team.

He didn't even hit him and the QB did an Oscar worthy flop. The mere insinuation that he was "going for the knees" is ludicrous. This isn't "Minority Report"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GHoppr View Post
    He didn't even hit him and the QB did an Oscar worthy flop. The mere insinuation that he was "going for the knees" is ludicrous. This isn't "Minority Report"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    How would you feel if someone hit Tua at his knees?

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    How would you feel if someone hit Tua at his knees?
    If it was intentional, sure... This video above it ludicrous and even you should admit that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

really? this one is the one that you are outraged over? There has been far worse ones than this. The NFL have changed the rules in favor of the offense and it has been going on a lot longer than this year.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by GHoppr View Post
    If it was intentional, sure... This video above it ludicrous and even you should admit that.
    I hate this rule - hate it. But I hate players who go after the knees of opponents more. He has a choice when he was blocked - go to the ground or try to take out the QBs legs. He chose to go after the QBs legs. Was he trying to hurt the QB? No. But does that matter?