These "Roughing the passer" penalties in the NFL are beyond ridiculous...

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
TJ Watt was FINED $20,000 for THIS ???

Coming soon to college football ???

They're making the games un-watchable enough as it is.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: These "Roughing the passer" penalties in the NFL are beyond ridiculous...

To be fair, he knows that he cannot hit a QB that low now and he did it anyway. How close was that to an ended season for that QB?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The OL kinda threw him in the QBs general direction. I'm with GHoppr--BS call.
Maybe, but he knew that his only shot at the QB was below the knees and he still tried. Anyone who watches football cringes when they see any player hit below or at the knees because of the potential injuries that can occur. This guy is rich. Let's not pretend this fine hurt him. But that play could have destroyed the season for that player and that team.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.

He didn't even hit him and the QB did an Oscar worthy flop. The mere insinuation that he was "going for the knees" is ludicrous. This isn't "Minority Report"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He didn't even hit him and the QB did an Oscar worthy flop. The mere insinuation that he was "going for the knees" is ludicrous. This isn't "Minority Report"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
How would you feel if someone hit Tua at his knees?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

really? this one is the one that you are outraged over? There has been far worse ones than this. The NFL have changed the rules in favor of the offense and it has been going on a lot longer than this year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If it was intentional, sure... This video above it ludicrous and even you should admit that.
I hate this rule - hate it. But I hate players who go after the knees of opponents more. He has a choice when he was blocked - go to the ground or try to take out the QBs legs. He chose to go after the QBs legs. Was he trying to hurt the QB? No. But does that matter?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.