The Big Hack

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I had an IBM Thinkpad for work, back in the first decade of this century. It was a real workhorse and I loved it.
When the Chinese bought IBM, I swore I’d never buy another Thinkpad because I simply do not now and have never trusted them. What I do trust is my instincts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Everyone is denying this happened. All the companies involved and the US gov. I’m a little surprised because I consider Bloomberg reputable and I’m sure they sourced it. I’m also surprise not a single physical example exists since so many were supposedly shipped. As someone in the IT industry, I’m not sure what to think.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Everyone is denying this happened. All the companies involved and the US gov. I’m a little surprised because I consider Bloomberg reputable and I’m sure they sourced it. I’m also surprise not a single physical example exists since so many were supposedly shipped. As someone in the IT industry, I’m not sure what to think.
I worked in IT for 10 years, so here’s a piece of advice you didn’t ask for:
Don’t trust China. China has stolen the ability to produce not only the weapons they have, but everything that moves their economy.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I have s Supermicro S5 case. So I would like to apologize for the joke I made about Xi; I didn't know you were listening.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Oh I don’t. This whole story smells fishy to me though.
If it is possible to do, if it involves espionage on any level into America, and ESPECIALLY if it brings out denials from our government and companies involved, I’d give it a 50/50 chance of being real without seeing any evidence firsthand, knowing who’s being accused.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I had an IBM Thinkpad for work, back in the first decade of this century. It was a real workhorse and I loved it.
When the Chinese bought IBM, I swore I’d never buy another Thinkpad because I simply do not now and have never trusted them. What I do trust is my instincts.

Christopher Cox warned us back in the early 90s.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The problem is that even if not owned by a Chinese company, there is still a very good chance that a PC is still manufactured there.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'm not sure what to make of that.
Do I believe that the Chinese are capable of inserting hardware to make a computer component vulnerable to spying? Certainly.
Do I believe that a government agency would want to hush up knowledge that they had figured that out? Certainly.
Would a company making a product try to quash a story that someone had made their products vulnerable? Maybe.
On the other hand, Occam's razor and what not...

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.