Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. UMO...

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I felt that the ESPN booth and the game producer did about as poor a job as any game I have seen. It appears to me that ESPN doesn't care at all about delivering a quality broadcast and are only concerned with getting into the next promotion and ad break. It is ridiculous for the announcers to complain about an official play review taking too much time when TV is the greatest culprit to disjointed and lengthy games. The CBS games are a pleasure compared to watching them on ESPN.
Agree. There was one sequence where ESPN had a bunch of commercials and when they returned there was only a punt followed by more commercials. No worse way to break up the rhythm of the game than something like that.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Agree. There was one sequence where ESPN had a bunch of commercials and when they returned there was only a punt followed by more commercials. No worse way to break up the rhythm of the game than something like that.
I forgot to complain about the number of commercials...I can only imagine how disconcerting this was for those at the stadium. The announcers were a joke as far as I am concerned...they could not call a chess match.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
He had it........
He had it by a wide margin. And there wasn't even any discussion about it. We came back from a break and we're punting. The announcers casually mentioned he didn't get the first down and that's it. Gary Danielson can be annoying at times, but I believe he would have been questioning the call and showing the replay.

I have to assume this decision was made from the replay booth, but what were they thinking? Maybe the orange stripe was in the wrong place and wasn't really the line to make. If so, the announcers should have explained it. Even a half-competent broadcast crew would have given some sort of explanation, especially when it wasn't even close.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Start about 1:52:45 second..... to see why RD got upset. You can see the Mizzou OL come across the hit Mack in the helmet twice....hard.....right in front of RD.

Not justifying it - but it sure doesn't bother me that much either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.