Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. UMO... - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. UMO...

I’m fairly certain Tua will start next week and that Jalen will see a lot of playing time in the second half.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

I don't think Saban is going to indicate the degree of Tua's knee. Yeah, I heard him, he said Tua could have went back in but the score didn't deem it necessary. But Tua's limp when walking was very, very noticeable and you could tell putting weight on it bothered him. I sure would like to give him three weeks rest rather than the standard two before the LSU game. LSU's offense isn't pretty to watch but they are very physical on the OL and they were pushing UGA around all game. My guess is we are going to have to bring an extra man in the box and leave our cb's on islands against them. I never thought I would see Kirby's defensive line getting pushed three and four yards down the field on running plays. Granted, I agree that this UGA team isn't as strong as last years, but they aren't hot garbage either. They are a well above average DL that got man handled by LSU's OL. Burrow reminds me a lot of some of Alabama quarterbacks in the past. If you only look at his stats you basically say the guy isn't any good. But when you watch the game you realize he makes a lot of big plays that simply do not show up in the stats that contribute to them winning. We need to make sure he truly has a bad game.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    Ehh that was kinda disappointing that Alabama took their foot off the pedal in the 2nd half. Happy for the win but they still should have scored more.
    With the injuries, coach did the right thing. There is no need to be greedy.

The Alabama defensive line lived behind the Tiger line. Mack Wilson made 11 tackles with a sack, and the team finished with four sacks and eight tackles for loss. In all, Alabama allowed a mere 212 yards, most of them in the first quarter. After the Arkansas game, this was the performance the defense needed to have.
    https://collegefootballnews.com/2018...-what-mattered
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I don't think Saban is going to indicate the degree of Tua's knee. Yeah, I heard him, he said Tua could have went back in but the score didn't deem it necessary. But Tua's limp when walking was very, very noticeable and you could tell putting weight on it bothered him. I sure would like to give him three weeks rest rather than the standard two before the LSU game. ...
    Wish we COULD rest him. But Jalen didn't look good, albeit completing almost all of his passes. Maybe he'd be better if he KNEW he was starting. He's good at taking responsibility when necessary. BUT, can we beat UT in Knoxville this year? Prolly, but...

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by Chechem View Post
    Wish we COULD rest him. But Jalen didn't look good, albeit completing almost all of his passes. Maybe he'd be better if he KNEW he was starting. He's good at taking responsibility when necessary. BUT, can we beat UT in Knoxville this year? Prolly, but...

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Well, that's better than his "my bad" on the sideline. (Read his lips.)
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    We were bad in red zone because of Tua’s limitations running. Plus it appeared we were trying things out. That didn’t concern me.

Lock’s job is to throw a catchable ball. If too many WRs are dropping passes that goes back to the QB. That’s a huge Tua’s strength.

D-Man Tua has 2 TDS called back because of bogus Holding calls. Cost us 11 pts. Tua really would have had 5 TDS and 350 yards in first half.

Take back those two bad holding calls there’s no fumble and no early tweak of knee. There is also no “red zone efficiency” discussion.

All in all. I’m extremely happy. They played a great game and I’m happy the injuries weren’t worse. Vince McMahon was scouting Mizzou for talent.
    I dont think we were trying something in redzone. We should've ran the ball each times. I think saban said something about that at halftime.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Congrats on the win!

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I dont think we were trying something in redzone. We should've ran the ball each times. I think saban said something about that at halftime.

He did. Tua was especially having trouble with his fade because of his knee. We've always had a jumbo package, with a big, athletic DL as the lead blocker. IDK what's happened to that play/formation. I like it better than overthrown (and covered) fades to the corner...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I don't think Saban is going to indicate the degree of Tua's knee. Yeah, I heard him, he said Tua could have went back in but the score didn't deem it necessary. But Tua's limp when walking was very, very noticeable and you could tell putting weight on it bothered him. I sure would like to give him three weeks rest rather than the standard two before the LSU game. LSU's offense isn't pretty to watch but they are very physical on the OL and they were pushing UGA around all game. My guess is we are going to have to bring an extra man in the box and leave our cb's on islands against them. I never thought I would see Kirby's defensive line getting pushed three and four yards down the field on running plays. Granted, I agree that this UGA team isn't as strong as last years, but they aren't hot garbage either. They are a well above average DL that got man handled by LSU's OL. Burrow reminds me a lot of some of Alabama quarterbacks in the past. If you only look at his stats you basically say the guy isn't any good. But when you watch the game you realize he makes a lot of big plays that simply do not show up in the stats that contribute to them winning. We need to make sure he truly has a bad game.
    When a QB with a 50% completion percentage who regularly makes bad decisions beats this Bama team I’ll become a Barner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post

Kinda like Georgia in their first drive of the game? Jammed it down LSU’s throat on all runs IIRC and three straight incompletions in the red zone. Then a stupid fake field goal.
    Holyfield averaged 8 yds per carry yesterday; Swift averaged 6. LSU MOST DEFINITELY did not even slow them down. Kirby blew it.
    I’m all for keeping defenses honest, but when you rush for 6-8 yds a clip you don’t abandon the run. Dawgs only ran the ball 23 times (19 between Swift and Holyfield). You see the result of that if the passing game doesn’t pull up the slack. RUN THE DANG BALL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower