Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. UMO...

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
Would this be a Pyrrhic victory?
It would hyperbole to say the victory was Pyrrhic. It wasn't as clean or as injury-free as I'd like, but it was hardly disastrous. If it had clearly set us up for a loss later then sure, but I don't think that happened. Tua had tweaked his leg before this game and I don't think he's seriously hurt.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
All things considered, 39 - 10 wasn't bad at all. If I recall correctly, 39 points is more than out season average last year. And we won a National Championship.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If Tua is still hurt this week then I wish we would ditch the heisman and start Hurts for Tennessee for Tua to have 3 weeks of rest for LSU. I believe Hurts is more than capable of beating Tennessee

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Jalen had perhaps his best career game against Tennessee two years ago in Knoxville( think we won 49-10). I’m totally comfortable if he gets the start next week.

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
Raekwon was trying to take up for Mack Wilson, who had his leg illegally twisted by the lineman he was punching.

Not saying that was the correct behavior, but man those Mizzou thugs were trying to injure us in the trenches.

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
I just tried to read a little of the 2nd half game thread (after Tua got hurt) and, once again, I'm reminded why I rarely follow the game threads.
I usually never post in the game threads or much at all to be honest. In my opinion after Tua came out of the tent, when he didn’t have assistants/staffers around him to lift his spirits, he looked a lil somber bordering on dejected on the sidelines. I’m hoping he is ok and I for one agree with B1G in that I hope they let Jalen start against Tennessee and only let Tua in if we absolutely have to so he can rest his knee. Without a doubt we need him down the home stretch.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If Tua is still hurt this week then I wish we would ditch the heisman and start Hurts for Tennessee for Tua to have 3 weeks of rest for LSU. I believe Hurts is more than capable of beating Tennessee
Agree completely. Open the playbook and there’s not a team on the schedule Bama can’t beat with JH at QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm very pleased with our D tonight. We weren't perfect but this was a team averaging 37+ points a game and we held them to 10. We played much better than we did last week.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Jalen had perhaps his best career game against Tennessee two years ago in Knoxville( think we won 49-10). I’m totally comfortable if he gets the start next week.
If the defense plays to the max and the run game works, he could beat the crap out of them...... I bet Tua still
Plays some though...... he wanted to go back in

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
We just played the most up and down game of the year, beset by injuries, but the defense looked great and we won... by 4 TDs.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Any win in conference is good. I saw a lot of improvement on D from last week. Im concerned about a letdown next week. After that, we will face a very hungry and talented team in Baton Rouge. If a former big 12 team like Mizzou can hold us to 39 pts on our home field with this qb that we have, I really think LSU is capable of holding us under 30 in their house. I think we will win but it will be an absolute dog fight.
Oh please. Not unless half the offensive stars are out for a half like tonight and Bama stops seriously trying to score. Also, Tua's knee obviously kept him from pushing off on his throws from the start. Mo didn't hold Bama to 39 - it just worked out that way. Bama had 560+ yards of total offense on an "off" night. Bama beat the line on one leg. Could LSU give Bama a game, possibly, but it will be a big surprise if it is under 10 points.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Any win in conference is good. I saw a lot of improvement on D from last week. Im concerned about a letdown next week. After that, we will face a very hungry and talented team in Baton Rouge. If a former big 12 team like Mizzou can hold us to 39 pts on our home field with this qb that we have, I really think LSU is capable of holding us under 30 in their house. I think we will win but it will be an absolute dog fight.
To be fair they didnt "hold" us to 39 points. With well over 500 yards of offense that score could have been much steeper except for the fact that we were clearly killing clock in the 2nd half, running the ball like crazy, and we had a bunch of injuries. Aside from the few miscues in the redzone and the stupid stop on 4th and short the offense looked fine. If a healthy Tua is in it still could have been 65 points. We stopped ourselves on the rare occasion that we were stopped at all.

Remember, the only punt of the game came because Tua slid a yard early when he still had a bit of grass in front of him. That was a guaranteed 1st down. Without that we would still have not punted for 3 games in a row.

The offense, if healthy, is beyond fine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I usually never post in the game threads or much at all to be honest. In my opinion after Tua came out of the tent, when he didn’t have assistants/staffers around him to lift his spirits, he looked a lil somber bordering on dejected on the sidelines. I’m hoping he is ok and I for one agree with B1G in that I hope they let Jalen start against Tennessee and only let Tua in if we absolutely have to so he can rest his knee. Without a doubt we need him down the home stretch.
You missed the later shots where he was smiling and joking with people and moving up and down the sideline talking cheerily with folks. In that moment he probably just wanted to be back out on the field. His personality perked back up. He will be fine. He just needs to rest.

To be honest they could probably put him in a dark room with a cast and an IV drip to keep his knee immobile with a rotation of nuns to come in and bless it for a week solid and only give him the Tennessee gameplan written in braille and he'd still come out and torch them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.