Mizzou players comment on game

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
https://missouri.rivals.com/news/no...-build-on-red-zone-stops-against-no-1-alabama

After the game, left guard Kevin Pendleton said Lock shouldn’t be criticized for the offense’s rough outing. Pendleton’s voice cracked as he explained that the offensive line, and he in particular, was to blame.

“When he struggles, it’s because of (the offensive line),” Pendleton said. “I gave up a sack, a strip fumble, but the people in the crowd are going to say, ‘Oh, he lost the ball, he folded under pressure.’ It’s bull, because it comes down to guys like me, guys like Paul Adams, guys like Trystan Colon-Castillo, that have played so much ball. ... I didn’t play well enough tonight, and I gotta get better.

“He’s going to go through hell this week,” Pendleton continued. “I’m going to see a report about how he’s falling on draft boards and scouts don’t like him under pressure and all this bull just because I didn’t do my job.”

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That quote shows that the players care about one another over there, which is great. But they also played dirty the entire game, so I hope they lose every other game they play this year.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
That quote shows that the players care about one another over there, which is great. But they also played dirty the entire game, so I hope they lose every other game they play this year.
Sounds to me like they are more worried about Lock getting drafted than anything else. SMH

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Holding? what is this holding you speak of? Surely it would have been called if it was in this game.
Hard to have a great pass rush anymore. 'Holding' should be re-defined or just let 'em tackle the Defense if they really want to appease Offensive people. SEC is becoming the Big 12.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Hard to have a great pass rush anymore. 'Holding' should be re-defined or just let 'em tackle the Defense if they really want to appease Offensive people. SEC is becoming the Big 12.
You have always been able to get away with “leverage” (handfuls of jerseys inside the numbers up close and personal). It just seems now they let them get away with arm bars and bear hugs. Used to if your arms got outside your shoulders and you engaged in a block, you got the flag (Jonah) . If you had “leverage” and your defender tried to break and you didn’t release in time, you got a flag (Smith). Problem I have with it now is the blatant inconsistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.