Tua's Knee

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I wish he would’ve gotten the knee scoped last week, if this is the case. Regardless, Jalen will do just fine against Tennessee.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I read that too. But I want to say that... We all need to get behind Jalen 100 percent and support him.
I think this is a given with Tua no longer an option (assuming that is the case). We will all pull for Jalen.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If it's true he had it scoped today then he's most likely out next week, but he should be good to go in what's basically 3 weeks for the LSU game.

As for supporting Jalen, man the best moment was when he lined up at slot and caught the pass from Tua.

Jalen will do fine, but I wouldn't expect him to look as good as he's looked in garbage time.

I expect us to revert back to more power football and that'll be fine against UT.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Alabama has historically had a "jumbo" package for short yardage situations. I have no idea why you don't have one this year. It has hurt you several times this season already.
Good thought. We have not gone jumbo, and we insist on running into the middle where the entire defense is waiting.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
CrimsonBoz just added an update that Tua has now had his knee scoped.
This is what I heard today as well and was referring to in my earlier post. Still have not had it 100% confirmed. But there seems to be a lot of the same story coming out.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think probably not, but we won't know for sure until there's an official announcement. This passes the "rumor" phase, because it's a known that Tua has a knee injury. I would caution against the assumption that "X," posting on "X" board has always been reliable. I've been doing this for decades now and I've had the most bombproof info from the most bombproof sources turn out to be 180 degrees off. That's the reason I always caution against jumping too soon...
I agree...............nobody but the coaches and the player know, as well as the Dr.................which would be blown out of the water if Tua comes in next week and throws a few TDs.......who knows, but it would be funny for UT to count him out then he comes in. Just hope he heals soon

Last edited:

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
Tua did not look like himself at all, He was clearly reluctant to run, wasn't moving well in the pocket or properly throwing off the leg. Even so, he was as good as most qbs in college football. Whether scoped or not...I do not want to see him against Tenn. It is possible to rehab a minor meniscus or MCL tear...I've done it over the course of several weeks. Either way, scoped or PT..he'll be better suited to take on LSU if he has three weeks off.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Pruitt could probably GAME PLAN better for Hurts, but I think we MUST go with Hurts to give Tua a chance to heal. Saying that, HOW LONG does he need to HEAL an INJURY like that? Weeks or months?
JP game plans for the JH he knew last year will be fun to watch. I have 100% confidence the Tide will roll with Jalen in control. The Jalen doubters will be silenced once and for all...yeah, right.
He hasn’t been playing against second string defenses late in the fourth quarter to pad his stats. He has been better than he’s ever been since he’s been at Bama. If he continues on this path, well, “don’t believe me, just watch”. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama63

1st Team
Oct 25, 2000
Louisville, KY, Jefferson
So, now we know why Jalen felt moved by the Lord to stay with the Tide this season! With no if's, and's, or but's, Tua should get that knee fixed, right now, knowing their team is in good hands.

RTR

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think we're entering the most critical period of this season. How Tua's knee is managed over the next couple of weeks prior to LSU will be the pivot point IMO. That's assuming Tua's injury isn't bad enough to keep him out beyond LSU.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
A few years ago Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had his knee scoped and played 2 weeks later. I know each situation is unique, but it is entirely possible he could be ready for LSU.
I remember that............I was shocked he was able to come back when he did....................and despite the rumors, Tua may not be even that bad and might be able to play sooner...............guess we shall find out in a few days

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.