Tua's Knee

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Tua just repeated Saban's line and confirmed he's better than last week.

He did say he had some treatment after the game.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
I have been reading too much about RG3 lately to feel too good. Dr. Andrews cleared RG3 to play after a knee sprain.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
I have been reading too much about RG3 lately to feel too good. Dr. Andrews cleared RG3 to play after a knee sprain.
Dennis Dixon's Heisman campaign (and Oregon's undefeated season) ended while playing on a sprained knee against Arizona when he tore his acl. They were winning by 14 and were in the red zone going for more when it happened. Can't be too careful.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If he's "probably better than last week" that would imply he might play. If I were CNS I wouldn't play him unless it looked like we really needed him to win the game. And we shouldn't need him.
I believe he is okay, or close enough. Just not sure he will play. But it is good to know that he could if needed.
Again, I'm taking CNS at face value and not trying to interpret "coach speak."

Tua's knee is just what it is. It's not surgical, apparently. It's not hindering him to perform at a high level, apparently. It's not such that Jalen is the better option, apparently.

So, I loook for Tua to play unless something changes. I know Jalen is better but we don't know how he'll respond to a situation when it's 0-0 in one of the tougher environments in college football (that place will be lit until we give them a reason to know they aren't going to win).

Obviuosly Tua's not going to be 100%, but Tua at 75-80% is better than most guys and truthfully, better than Jalen and what we don't know about him playing as a starter. All we know is he looks much improved as a backup when there's nothing on the line.

Tua's the known commodity, even not at 100%. Jalen is a great backup plan, if needed. I expect Tua will guide us to a 3 td lead in the first half and then we'll probably see Jalen to finish 'em off.

If Tua leads us on an 8th straight game opening drive, the air in that place will be sucked out and we'll put them away early. I think this is why we play Tua first.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Tua's knee is just what it is. It's not surgical, apparently. It's not hindering him to perform at a high level, apparently. It's not such that Jalen is the better option, apparently.

So, I loook for Tua to play unless something changes. I know Jalen is better but we don't know how he'll respond to a situation when it's 0-0 in one of the tougher environments in college football (that place will be lit until we give them a reason to know they aren't going to win).

Obviuosly Tua's not going to be 100%, but Tua at 75-80% is better than most guys and truthfully, better than Jalen and what we don't know about him playing as a starter. All we know is he looks much improved as a backup when there's nothing on the line.

Tua's the known commodity, even not at 100%. Jalen is a great backup plan, if needed. I expect Tua will guide us to a 3 td lead in the first half and then we'll probably see Jalen to finish 'em off.

If Tua leads us on an 8th straight game opening drive, the air in that place will be sucked out and we'll put them away early. I think this is why we play Tua first.
Then have Tua ready to play if we need him. By basically all accounts no one has ever seen anything like Tua and this Alabama offense before. So why on earth would you risk possibly the greatest player/offense of all time on a game vs a mediocre 10rc who we can beat with Jalen. If there is ANY chance that his knee can get worse by playing then I don't do it unless absolutely necessary.

That said, I think you are probably right and he plays.

Also, I know its unpopular because its Tennessee but we can lose this game and it will have absolutely no impact on our season. Sure we won't be undefeated but win out and it doesn't matter.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
We saw Tua at maybe 75% Saturday; Jalen had better numbers.
I disagree that Tua at 75% is better than Jalen now - maybe last year, but not now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i remember jalen responding to that environment just fine in 2016.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Then have Tua ready to play if we need him. By basically all accounts no one has ever seen anything like Tua and this Alabama offense before. So why on earth would you risk possibly the greatest player/offense of all time on a game vs a mediocre 10rc who we can beat with Jalen. If there is ANY chance that his knee can get worse by playing then I don't do it unless absolutely necessary.

That said, I think you are probably right and he plays.

Also, I know its unpopular because its Tennessee but we can lose this game and it will have absolutely no impact on our season. Sure we won't be undefeated but win out and it doesn't matter.

If he does play, and as a result were to suffer a serious injury to that knee, this board......will have never experienced anything close to what it will experience .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.