Who are we defensively?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i don't understand why folks are putting so much weight on the lsu game being in baton rouge. we have never really had trouble winning there.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
No, but the games are closer.
But IMO, not because they are in BR but because the teams were usually better that year. Bama has always been a great road team with only a good home field advantage. Bama's record in BR is better than in Bham or Tusc. Something ridiculous like 27-9, one of the more remarkable records in all of American sports. I.e. the venue has been mostly irrelevant.

Bama has a winning road record vs every program in the SEC. Of course home record as well. That includes 5 all time top 15 programs: UT, LSU, UGA, UF, AU.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Unless Tua can't play LSU doesn't worry me. The gap between our offenses is huge.
I was talking to a huge Gator fan that thinks LSU will keep the game close. I told him that it may be close for the first quarter to quarter and a half, but Bama's offense will just be too much and they will slowly extend a lead to the point LSU will have to throw to try and get back in the game, and at that point there is blood in the water and the defense will turn loose the pass rush and Burrows will be eaten alive. This will result in an avalanche of points as the LSU defense is left on the field for far too long.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I don't think we know who we are yet. My big concern (other than kicking game) is I dread facing a team with good running backs and a good O-line. I dread it. We have had lots of long runs broken on us and lots of long passes (it seems, but maybe I am panicking) but I dread the run more than the pass.
If we had Terrell Lewis on the field....and IF DaRon Payne had stayed.....this Defense would look very different vs the run. We all knew the 2ndry would be a mixed bag of success and failure. Mizzou scored one TD. Against our 3 man Line in the Red zone. Hope we dont try that again in that situation. Bama is quicker but not as big as we were last year I guess. We will get there again but we just lost some danged fine football players off that DL. Losing Hand and Evans is tough even if you have some depth in there.

Bryant0086

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2009
This exactly....... The Spurrier led Florida teams in their prime had a similar problem as Bama has now. The offense scores so fast, that the defense is always on the field. It is not all just about fatigue either. It is also intensity. It is easier to get motivated in a 10-7 game than a 31-7 one.
Having said that, I am a little worried about physical backs. That Ragin Cajun back was a bruiser and had over 100 against Bama.
This D is a work in progress and improving week after week. It is hard to be dominant when our Offense has so many short scoring drives. If we have one more point than the opposition on the final whistle in all of our remaining games we win a Natty.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.