Amazon Pop-Ups: How To Stop The Madness?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
OK, I've been getting interminable pop-ups advertising $1,000 Amazon card, if I just answer a few questions. I know it's a scam, so I don't answer any of them. Trouble is, I can't back out. Have to shut down the browser (IE), and start gain.

I've tried clearing out my history, and it works until the next time I sign in, and the madness starts again.

Any thoughts on how I can avoid this?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Been having the same problems. Apple said it has something to do with ads. I talked with Brett, but he said it probably isn’t website related. I’ve tried everything as well, so if anyone knows a solution, let us know.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Malwarebytes may work for you. I'm not sure if the free version has it, but the paid version will search out PUPs" (potentially unwanted programs) like that. If you like IE, I presume you'll upgraded to version 11? The earlier versions are insecure...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It's to the point I can't acecss from my phone now whether mobile or full site using chrome (since safari is broken already). And other popups are starting to appear as well. It ONLY happens on TideFans so it seems site related.

PS mcaffee did not help at all.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I’m still having issues....it seems it’s only occurring with my iPhone. My iPhone supposedly has pop ups blocked, this is the only pop up that is getting by.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.