2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

In the Big Ten West your toughest opponents are Wisconsin and Iowa.

In the ACC Atlantic your dealing with Clemson and Florida State.

I get wanting to go home but I'm honestly not sure Louisville is actually an upgrade.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

Our OC Locksley up for the year Maryland job. He's from the area so it seems like a job he'd like. I absolutely hope he waits until post season to leave. Worried about the 4 purple he recruited for Bama FROM that area. Could be a problem

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ed-to-interview-for-maryland-job-per-reports/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'd be a little surprised if they hired him

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Our OC Locksley up for the year Maryland job. He's from the area so it seems like a job he'd like. I absolutely hope he waits until post season to leave. Worried about the 4 purple he recruited for Bama FROM that area. Could be a problem

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ed-to-interview-for-maryland-job-per-reports/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

JMO, but I think that he will get a shot at a better gig if he waits it out another year or two. If he takes the Maryland job, he may never get another shot. That is a dead end job. He'll never get enough talent to demonstrate his ability while there.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

JMO, but I think that he will get a shot at a better gig if he waits it out another year or two. If he takes the Maryland job, he may never get another shot. That is a dead end job. He'll never get enough talent to demonstrate his ability while there.
I do NOT think it's a good job. But I do think his being from that area, actually having worked for that school a few times (including interviewing for the HC position there earlier) are all pretty solid.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Why is that?

He is a good fit for Maryland. He earned it. He will do just fine. I expect Dan Eno to take over his spot.
Just because during his time as a full time HC at New Mexico he had some issues and you'd think Maryland would want to go as safe as possible at this point. I agree he's a good fit there though.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Just because during his time as a full time HC at New Mexico he had some issues and you'd think Maryland would want to go as safe as possible at this point. I agree he's a good fit there though.
Agreed on the latter assessment. Given what he's gleaned from Saban's program (and had to be "deprogrammed" from when he was on Edsel's (sic) staff and interim HC at Maryland), he would be virtually a prodigal son hire. Plus, he's got some newly-minted "locals" in his corner up here.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Agreed on the latter assessment. Given what he's gleaned from Saban's program (and had to be "deprogrammed" from when he was on Edsel's (sic) staff and interim HC at Maryland), he would be virtually a prodigal son hire. Plus, he's got some newly-minted "locals" in his corner up here.
and His recruiting is lot better. he can land some good talented players. with some luck under Locksley, team will have 8 or more wins each season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.