2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Being reported now that Kingsbury has been hired to be USC's new OC.

EDIT: Maybe not. NFL Network reporting Kliff is holding out awhile to see if anything else happens (college or NFL).

Last edited:

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL

EDIT: Maybe not. NFL Network reporting Kliff is holding out awhile to see if anything else happens (college or NFL).
I would think he could do better. Helton may not make it through the whole year next year. Maybe he would be hoping to be named the interim HC.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Probably not a chance it happens but I think Kiffin would be an interesting hire for Tech. ATL would more than accommodate his lifestyle and I think he’d bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the program. And I think he’d be willing to resurrect the Bama/Ga Tech rivalry.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

That is a head scratcher at Texas Tech. Wells has done reasonably well at Utah State but nothing that really makes you say "he's the next up and comer". But then again it is Texas Tech so are they going to get?

Hocutt still will need to do a lot of selling on this choice.

Last edited:

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

The sports radio guy were speculating that Brohm probably thought the gig he had at Purdue was better than the logical move "home" to Louisville, where he was a star QB.

Purdue is like Vandy and Ga Tech. Recruiting there is a lot more difficult - given the academic requirements. But the relatively weak division they play in (no Michigan, Michigan State nor Ohio State), they have an easier path to the Big 10 title game.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009

That is a head scratcher at Texas Tech. Wells has done reasonably well at Utah State but nothing that really makes you say "he's the next up and comer". But then again it is Texas Tech so are they going to get?

Hocutt still will need to do a lot of selling on this choice.
Where was Pat Dye coaching before he went to the Barn?
Utah State has a good football team. I think Wells is a good choice for them. He has a chance to show if he’s worthy of bigger things, or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Maybe not...

Update on Charlotte’s head coaching search

As we know, Charlotte made James Madison head coach Mike Houston the top target in its coaching search, offering him the job early in the week. Aside from the tricky fact that James Madison’s season is still ongoing, all signs pointed toward Houston being the 49ers’ next head coach.

And then East Carolina fired Scottie Montgomery.

Sources indicate the Pirates were spurred into action by Charlotte’s pursuit of Houston.

This is an issue for Charlotte for a myriad of reasons, but the top line is this: Charlotte paid its outgoing coach $625,000 in 2018, per the USA Today coaching salary database. East Carolina paid theirs $1.1 million.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

It just seems odd to me that a man who just got fired has so many people who are wanting his services. I guess they just want him to focus on offense and not being a head coach, but it just seems weird.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

It just seems odd to me that a man who just got fired has so many people who are wanting his services. I guess they just want him to focus on offense and not being a head coach, but it just seems weird.
Or it could mean Texas Tech made a bad decision.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.