2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

I just heard on the radio that Urban Meyer is stepping down after the Rose Bowl. No surprise there.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Listening to three man front yesterday. Outside of the Auburn discussion was Tennessee looking at Dan Enos as Offensive Coordinator. Can't say that is a good look on Pruitt's part to depend on CNS to do his staffing.

Also strong discussion about Hugh Freeze back as offensive coordinator in the SEC next season. Possible replacement for Mike Locksley who is likely headed back home. One comment was that Enos and Saban may not agree totally on offensive strategy hence Enos is not a lock for Bama OC.

Possibility of several moving parts on Bama's staff again this year.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Listening to three man front yesterday. Outside of the Auburn discussion was Tennessee looking at Dan Enos as Offensive Coordinator. Can't say that is a good look on Pruitt's part to depend on CNS to do his staffing.

Also strong discussion about Hugh Freeze back as offensive coordinator in the SEC next season. Possible replacement for Mike Locksley who is likely headed back home. One comment was that Enos and Saban may not agree totally on offensive strategy hence Enos is not a lock for Bama OC.

Enos was always balanced at Arky. And CNS has already acknowledged he's a heckuva QB coach. Can't imagine that that would be a reason.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

Saban did not agree with Kiffin completely and he stayed around for a couple of years. If what Enos wants to run works ( and this far I see no reason it will not) then Saban will keep him.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Enos was always balanced at Arky. And CNS has already acknowledged he's a heckuva QB coach. Can't imagine that that would be a reason.
I think he was brought in with the assumption that he'd rise to OC within two off-seasons.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

2 years actually, and he'll be at USC. Someone tag THIS post. I'm calling it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I feel ya, but I am sticking to 18 months for this reason. They hire him before season ends so he can spend all that time recruiting like he did at OSU.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

I think he was brought in with the assumption that he'd rise to OC within two off-seasons.
Will he assume both OC and QB coach? If so, CNS should fill the vacancy with a podiatrist.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Heard on the radio just a bit ago that Cliff Kingsbury was heading to USC as OC. That possibility has been floated as a rumor, but ESPNU just confirmed it (which means it still may not be true).

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Heard on the radio just a bit ago that Cliff Kingsbury was heading to USC as OC. That possibility has been floated as a rumor, but ESPNU just confirmed it (which means it still may not be true).
Is cliff a new name?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.