2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

ESPN now reporting Georgia Tech is set to hire Temple head coach Geoff Collins.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

SB Nation reporting Hugh Freeze is taking the Liberty job.
I have a niece and nephew at Liberty. Hope this is true. That team is improving, and they need a good coach to carry that forward. Freeze is a good head coach.

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017

IMO Hugh Freeze will do well and return to a bigger school in a short timeframe......I also think him going to Liberty does indeed indicate the next OC is already on staff.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

SB Nation reporting Hugh Freeze is taking the Liberty job.
That is awfully forgiving of Liberty. I'm glad any chatter about Freeze to Bama is off the table for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

That is awfully forgiving of Liberty. I'm glad any chatter about Freeze to Bama is off the table for awhile.

I thought the same thing, but it falls in line with Liberty also hiring a lot of the staff that departed from Baylor's athletic department after their scandal.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I thought the same thing, but it falls in line with Liberty also hiring a lot of the staff that departed from Baylor's athletic department after their scandal.
Falwell lives and breathes hypocrisy. “Duplicity” should be his middle name.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I could preach about what Christianity is, and how forgiveness is an integral part of that, but I won't.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

I have a niece and nephew at Liberty. Hope this is true. That team is improving, and they need a good coach to carry that forward. Freeze is a good head coach.
From the Lynchburg News and Advance-------------

https://www.newsadvance.com/sports/...cle_3b75f264-fa22-11e8-bcd4-175dedcff059.html

The AD at Liberty is none other than Ian McCaw, former AD at Baylor who hired Art Briles, oversaw that fiasco, and then blamed it on the Regents------

https://www.si.com/college-football...t-scandal-ian-mccaw-art-briles-regents-police

Don't worry about your niece. I mean, with this combination in place what could possibly go wrong.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Don't worry about your niece. I mean, with this combination in place what could possibly go wrong.
Liberty is not Baylor. I agree that the Baylor folks should be out of sports forever, but I think that my niece will be fine.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I could preach about what Christianity is, and how forgiveness is an integral part of that, but I won't.
Christianity - followers of Christ, right?
Did JC ride around in fancy chariots (jets), possess and live in palaces (mansions) all over the world, own high dollar “fishing boats” (yachts)?
No need to discuss Christianity or forgiveness with someone who attended Catholic schools for twelve years, and has read the Bible cover to cover at least twice (Catholic version).
Not forgetting is not the same as not forgiving.
One last parting word on this (for the believers): did Jesus forgive Satan at any point during his 40 days in the desert? Did God forgive Satan?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

nm...

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Christianity - followers of Christ, right?
Did JC ride around in fancy chariots (jets), possess and live in palaces (mansions) all over the world, own high dollar “fishing boats” (yachts)?
No need to discuss Christianity or forgiveness with someone who attended Catholic schools for twelve years, and has read the Bible cover to cover at least twice (Catholic version).
Not forgetting is not the same as not forgiving.
One last parting word on this (for the believers): did Jesus forgive Satan at any point during his 40 days in the desert? Did God forgive Satan?

Can we stay on topic. I'm surprised we havent heard much about Lane kiffin. Many thought he would be gone after this season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I'm surprised we havent heard much about Lane kiffin. Many thought he would be gone after this season.
His team took a huge step backward this year. Schools could be waiting to see what he can do with his own players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.