2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wonder what Thibodaux thinks of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently Leavitt was ticked he didn't get the head job and wasn't on the recruitng trail for the last year. He was under contract and basically being a defiant yet compliant employee. I doubt Thibodaux made his choice based on the DC because he was being shielded from the recruits.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Apparently Leavitt was ticked he didn't get the head job and wasn't on the recruitng trail for the last year. He was under contract and basically being a defiant yet compliant employee. I doubt Thibodaux made his choice based on the DC because he was being shielded from the recruits.
Good info, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Personally, I think Grantham is an idiot coach and you'll be fine. It don't take a genius to run engage eight like its EA Sports NCAA Football
Here's a quote from a UGA fan on an SEC board. Note that I said "UGA fan".

"His issue at UGA was overly complex schemes. Maybe the Dawgs were too dumb for him.

I've never seen a team with so many blown assignments."

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
A few notes from Golding’s original interview with Saban:

By 2:15, Golding had settled into his comfort zone. That’s when Saban had him up on the board. Golding, relying on the running checklist he always jots down on the left side of the dry-erase board, diagrammed X’s and O’s with marker in hand, walking Saban through his defensive system. He ran through its Day 1, base installation to the nuances of the answers for each play an offense might throw at it to each player’s responsibility for every possible formation it could face. Over the course of the next five hours, it flowed into a natural conversation, with both coaches bouncing ideas off each other, explaining what they liked best.

At one point during the afternoon, Saban ducked out of the room and told a senior staffer that it was as impressive as any coaching interview he’d ever had in Tuscaloosa. He had Golding on the board for five hours. Golding never did make it back to UTSA campus. Saban hired the 34-year-old that night as his 10th assistant, designating him as the Tide’s co-defensive coordinator and inside linebackers coach. Golding’s experience working with the secondary was key in Saban’s eyes as a counterbalance to Tosh Lupoi, who had just been elevated to defensive coordinator.

Where Golding really shined at UTSA was changing the look from week to week and attacking where the offenses were most vulnerable, while also making coverage tweaks with the free safety’s responsibility. For instance, before the game against Arizona State, the Roadrunners had shown an odd-front look for two games, but against the Sun Devils they lined up in four-down fronts predominantly on base downs to throw the Sun Devils off-balance with an array of disguises and bluffs.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

By 2:15, Golding had settled into his comfort zone. That’s when Saban had him up on the board. Golding, relying on the running checklist he always jots down on the left side of the dry-erase board, diagrammed X’s and O’s with marker in hand, walking Saban through his defensive system. He ran through its Day 1, base installation to the nuances of the answers for each play an offense might throw at it to each player’s responsibility for every possible formation it could face. Over the course of the next five hours, it flowed into a natural conversation, with both coaches bouncing ideas off each other, explaining what they liked best.

At one point during the afternoon, Saban ducked out of the room and told a senior staffer that it was as impressive as any coaching interview he’d ever had in Tuscaloosa. He had Golding on the board for five hours. Golding never did make it back to UTSA campus. Saban hired the 34-year-old that night as his 10th assistant, designating him as the Tide’s co-defensive coordinator and inside linebackers coach. Golding’s experience working with the secondary was key in Saban’s eyes as a counterbalance to Tosh Lupoi, who had just been elevated to defensive coordinator.

Where Golding really shined at UTSA was changing the look from week to week and attacking where the offenses were most vulnerable, while also making coverage tweaks with the free safety’s responsibility. For instance, before the game against Arizona State, the Roadrunners had shown an odd-front look for two games, but against the Sun Devils they lined up in four-down fronts predominantly on base downs to throw the Sun Devils off-balance with an array of disguises and bluffs.
I had never read that before you posted, thank you! I knew Golding had the goods but have not really read anything on him. One thing is for sure...to be the DC at Bama you better be good or be one and done.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Wow! Thanks for posting, CF!

Now I am really excited about Golding as our DC! ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.