2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)... - Page 5
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

Miles will be 65 on Saturday. He was a good coach, but I wouldn’t hire someone that age for a rebuilding project like Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC UntouchableCrew's Avatar

Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Anybody think Matt Campbell and Dave Aranda move on after the season and where? Read where Dave Dorean at NC State maybe interested in the Kansas job. He apparently played there and was an assistant under Mangino for a couple of years.
    Matt Campbell will be a hot candidate. I would bet he leaves for greener pastures, especially if Iowa State keeps winning. He has a legit shot to go to the Big XII title game.

With Dave Aranda it probably depends on his mindset. He makes A LOT of money as a DC and I'd guess he's had HC opportunities before. He might just like being an elite DC with none of the pressure of being a HC.

For Doeren it seems like a big downgrade going to Kansas but you never know. Very low expectations if he thinks he can win there whereas NC State seems unsatisfied with him.

BamaNation All-SEC

Anybody think Matt Campbell and Dave Aranda move on after the season and where? Read where Dave Dorean at NC State maybe interested in the Kansas job. He apparently played there and was an assistant under Mangino for a couple of years.
    Yeah, and since he was yet another hot candidate at UCheaT who got a raise at NC State for his "interest," could also be that the Wolfpackers are having the same kind of buyer's remorse as All Bran has for Malzahn right about now. Wait a minute, Doeren did beat FSU and the perpetually upward falling Willie Taggart by 31 Saturday, but is that enough to salve the remorse or stoke more of it?

Locks may get more than a look with the Maryland Terriblins, depending on how they finish the season. Very unlikely, but the Terribs could even call the Fridge out of retirement a la Bill Snyder until the situation gets a little, er, lot more stabilized.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post
    Matt Campbell will be a hot candidate. I would bet he leaves for greener pastures, especially if Iowa State keeps winning. He has a legit shot to go to the Big XII title game.

With Dave Aranda it probably depends on his mindset. He makes A LOT of money as a DC and I'd guess he's had HC opportunities before. He might just like being an elite DC with none of the pressure of being a HC.

For Doeren it seems like a big downgrade going to Kansas but you never know. Very low expectations if he thinks he can win there whereas NC State seems unsatisfied with him.
    I wonder if Aranda thinks Coach O won't be around much longer and is willing to bide his time for another year or two and be the front runner to replace him?
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...lse/ar-BBPkFi8

Latest list of possible candidates to get the axe.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...lse/ar-BBPkFi8

Latest list of possible candidates to get the axe.
    A quote from the linked story about Beaty at Kansas . . " . . amassing a 6-39 record. . "

Amassing? Huh? Did he mean "amusing"?

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

Don't go Les! (Unless they are going to throw a lot of money at you)
    Bama 934-320-44 73.6% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...nba9I#image=11

Updated list with new addition of Petrino at the top of the list.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-SEC

Jurich, Petrino, Pitino. Papa John. Things aren't going too well in Kentucky right now.

rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Of all the places I would NOT want to go in Power Five Kansas would be at the top. Well, I guess Oregon State might top it. Now if I were Les and just wanting another gig to ride off into the sunset with it would probably be Okay. Les is a big name and that would help, plus the Kiffen/Hairbawl school of get all the PR you can would go well for Les and his antics. He could generate PR without going to Paris for practice.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation All-SEC

If you want to hire someone at Kansas who might have a chance of limited success, you go hire someone who has deep ties to Texas. If you want to hire someone who might turn Oregon State around, you hire someone with connections to California. Recruiting is life in college football, and you are not going to win with guys from just Kansas or Oregon (or Alabama, for that matter).

rtr

BamaNation All-American

t t t

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    Don't go Les! (Unless they are going to throw a lot of money at you)
    I think it would be a HUGE mistake for Kansas to hire Miles. What recruits are going to want to go there with a coach on Medicare trying to re-establish himself?

Kansas should HIRE someone in their 30's or 40's who will run a wide-open (SPREAD) offense. Les will just run the ball 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs and PUNT on 4th down.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry