2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Yep - beat Notre Dame or lose your job.
I’m not sure it matters to anyone but the players - they had to beat UCLA for CH to keep his job, IMO (even that might not have been enough). This is USC.
Win or lose against ND, he’s dead man walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Re-hire Kiffin?
What if they come after Tosh? Stranger things have happened.

Honestly, do we have a sure fire potential head coach on staff? We have Co's who might consider backwards moves to get the title to themselves, but I think we are maybe a year or two away from losing coaches again. Although you can't foresee reaches like the one I mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

ESPN reporting an announcement from Kansas about Les Miles later today.

ESPN also reporting Colorado will indeed fire Mike MacIntrye

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

None of that concerns me, Nick is at Bama, is staying at Bama so all the others are moot point.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

Good deal. Glad to see Leslie back in the saddle. I'm sure he's tanned, rested and ready to go.

Will they be pulling the FieldTurf and putting in sod for the field now? :biggrin2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

ESPN's Adam Rittenberg:
I'm hearing Colorado athletic director Rick George wants a recognizable name with previous head-coaching experience. Possible candidates include Fresno State coach Jeff Tedford, Boise State coach Bryan Harsin, former Oregon coach and Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich, and West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen, who may be interested in making a move. Syracuse coach Dino Babers also could be an interesting option.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA

I know programs want to win but some programs just need to understand who they are and come to grips with it.
Not every program is destined to be national champs. Not every program can hire a Nick Saban or UM etc.
Some programs it takes longer to build than others. Some just don't have the money to "build" a winning program.
There are only so many good/decent coaches out there so firing one "bad" coach only to hire another is just dumb.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

That is a pretty ambitious list for Colorado. IMO, Colorado is only a slightly better landing spot than Kansas, but Tedford and Helfrich might jump at the chance to resurrect their careers. I also don't see Holdgren making a lateral move, but he might be ready for a change. Harsin and Babers might be good candidates for the Southern Cal job, especially Harsin.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

UNC is 2-8 after beating Western Carolina yesterday. They still have NC State and a postponed game against UCF. It looks like Larry Fedora may be the next casualty.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

According to www.coacheshotseat.com, SEC has Gus #8, Chad Morris Arky @ #19 and Dan Mullen @ #23. I wouldn't think Dan's job is in jeopardy quite yet, since it's his first year at the helm.

They seem to think Willie Taggart FSU sitting at #7 is at high risk, though he did have a horrible season. Beating BC may have given him a little more time to right the ship. Chip Kelly at UCLA probably did himself the same kind of favor in beating USCw this weekend.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

According to www.coacheshotseat.com, SEC has Gus #8, Chad Morris Arky @ #19 and Dan Mullen @ #23. I wouldn't think Dan's job is in jeopardy quite yet, since it's his first year at the helm.

They seem to think Willie Taggart FSU sitting at #7 is at high risk, though he did have a horrible season. Beating BC may have given him a little more time to right the ship. Chip Kelly at UCLA probably did himself the same kind of favor in beating USCw this weekend.
Meanwhile, Little Willie the Unimperiled (Muschamp) is sittin' Cocky at 6-5 (post-Clemson probability). Great working opportunity to be had in the coaching world - if you can get it...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Saw some talk from Dan Wolken on Twittter. Apparently, Kingsbury's seat is getting warm in Lubbock. He might be saved because they've had QB injuries for most of the season. Prior to the QB injuries, they were a solid team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.