2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

To be fair, Coach Bryant looked 20+ years older than he was. I actually thought he was 80.
I think Perkins was the coach when Bo Jackson was at McAdory. I've always heard Perkins go rid of Donahue because he didn't get Bo. This may be an urban myth though.

Coach Bryant looked older because he smoked unfiltered Chesterfield cigarettes most of his life. Coach Saban eats healthy and is very active. Coach Bryant was in his tower overseeing the practices so he wasn't as physically active. He coached the assistant coaches probably more than the players towards the end. I think Saban has decided that he enjoys coaching so he wants to enjoy it as long as he is physically able and can be competitive.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I think Perkins was the coach when Bo Jackson was at McAdory. I've always heard Perkins go rid of Donahue because he didn't get Bo. This may be an urban myth though.

Coach Bryant looked older because he smoked unfiltered Chesterfield cigarettes most of his life. Coach Saban eats healthy and is very active. Coach Bryant was in his tower overseeing the practices so he wasn't as physically active. He coached the assistant coaches probably more than the players towards the end. I think Saban has decided that he enjoys coaching so he wants to enjoy it as long as he is physically able and can be competitive.
Coach Bryant was still at Bama when Bo was a freshman at Auburn.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

I think Brown will do as well as Johnny Majors when he went back to Pittsburgh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Nope!

Coach Bryant was still HC when Bo signed with the farmer$...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Coach Bryant was still at Bama when Bo was a freshman at Auburn.
Correct. Coach Bryant recruited Bo. But it is also correct that his age was used against him, and ultimately it was a detrimental factor in recruiting the last few years.

They have been trying it with Coach Saban, but he is overcoming it for now. It will ultimately get him, because well, it gets us all at some point.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Also it being speculated that Mack Brown is looking to hire Kingsbury as OC and Gene Chzick as his DC.

Almost like The Blues Brothers.

“We’re getting the band together. We’re on a mission from God.”

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Also it being speculated that Mack Brown is looking to hire Kingsbury as OC and Gene Chzick as his DC.

Almost like The Blues Brothers.

“We’re getting the band together. We’re on a mission from God.”
That's funny right there don't care who you are. Wasn't cheese nip just fired as the UNC DC?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Wasn't cheese nip just fired as the UNC DC?
"Retired" in 2017 "to spend more [proverbial] time with his family" - and just happened to coincident with his 'Heels' "defense"" getting gouged for like 1,300 yards rushing in a three-game stretch. But hey, UNC, look on the bright side: Maybe Mack Part Deux will bring Cheezits HC-in-Waiting Part Deux with Mack. Edsel II @UConn is a grand template for both of 'em...

Alas, unlike sanctimonious and sickening Mack at the mike, a likeable studio analyst for ESPN. (On the other hand, maybe UNC could raid the World Leader's ranks for a Triple Clown Act and name Moans Chancellor of Grating Vocals and Parody in Sports Announcing for their communications school.)

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Correct. Coach Bryant recruited Bo. But it is also correct that his age was used against him, and ultimately it was a detrimental factor in recruiting the last few years.

They have been trying it with Coach Saban, but he is overcoming it for now. It will ultimately get him, because well, it gets us all at some point.
Hear Bo talking about getting that phone call from Coach Bryant. He said it was like getting a call from God and all the kids in the neighborhood looked at that phone with awe.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.