2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

Jurich, Petrino, Pitino. Papa John. Things aren't going too well in Kentucky right now.

rtr

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Of all the places I would NOT want to go in Power Five Kansas would be at the top. Well, I guess Oregon State might top it. Now if I were Les and just wanting another gig to ride off into the sunset with it would probably be Okay. Les is a big name and that would help, plus the Kiffen/Hairbawl school of get all the PR you can would go well for Les and his antics. He could generate PR without going to Paris for practice.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

If you want to hire someone at Kansas who might have a chance of limited success, you go hire someone who has deep ties to Texas. If you want to hire someone who might turn Oregon State around, you hire someone with connections to California. Recruiting is life in college football, and you are not going to win with guys from just Kansas or Oregon (or Alabama, for that matter).

rtr

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Don't go Les! (Unless they are going to throw a lot of money at you)
I think it would be a HUGE mistake for Kansas to hire Miles. What recruits are going to want to go there with a coach on Medicare trying to re-establish himself?

Kansas should HIRE someone in their 30's or 40's who will run a wide-open (SPREAD) offense. Les will just run the ball 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs and PUNT on 4th down.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

I think I am a bit concerned about losing Dan Enos during this year's coaching carousel. He could get a mid-level HC job or get pulled in as OC at a top program. I think he has meant more to the team this year than many realize, and I would hate for him to go.

MTGYBama

Sep 12, 2018
Prattville, AL

While true, I think he waits until Tua leaves for the NFL before he makes the jump. I think he'll have better options next season. Also, I think Saban wants to build a little contiunity with staff because they're so young.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017

Enos can get top-line OC money as a QB coach at Alabama, so it may come down to whether or not he wants to call plays. Of course, if Locksley is lured away for a HC job, Enos may get the chance to be an OC right where he is.

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017

Its a no-brainer to promote Enos to OC if Locksley gets a HC gig......his offense at Arky gave us fits with much less talent

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Look for Bill Clark or Hugh Freeze to get offers to come to auburn after chip Lindsey is fired at the end of the season. In fact Clark may get some HC offers. Gus is locked in but he will need to sacrifice a coordinator to show that he’s sensitive to the barn masses and to signify change from this season. I personally think Freeze would be a homerun hire, so I hope they don’t get him.

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Anybody think Matt Campbell and Dave Aranda move on after the season and where? Read where Dave Dorean at NC State maybe interested in the Kansas job. He apparently played there and was an assistant under Mangino for a couple of years.
I understand anyone wanting to coach at his alma mater but Kansas is a black hole. If Dorean is happy at NC state, he should stay.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Look for Bill Clark or Hugh Freeze to get offers to come to auburn after chip Lindsey is fired at the end of the season. In fact Clark may get some HC offers.
It wouldn’t be Bill Clark at the barn. 1.) Bill Clark is a defensive guy. He wouldn’t be an OC. 2.) Clark is candidate for the Louisville Job and will likely have some other HC looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

It wouldn’t be Bill Clark at the barn. 1.) Bill Clark is a defensive guy. He wouldn’t be an OC. 2.) Clark is candidate for the Louisville Job and will likely have some other HC looks.

That makes sense. Besides, with two wins over Nick Saban, I’d think that Freeze would get a much warmer welcome down on the plains than Clark, who is unproven at the major college level.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

Clark isn’t leaving unless he gets a head coach offer.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

:biggrin2: Amateurs. Don't they know you're supposed to make the flight data private before going coach poaching?
If only this flight plan for were for pursuing a new Colorado coach... In which case you could divulge that ze plane's headed for BR and Colorado's acting with an abundance of caution. That given the legalization of Rocky Mountain highs out there and medicinal use caveats, they're bound by total transparency in hiring a new coach with Le Smiles' well-documented affinity for munchies...
Alas, it's only Kansas...high fructose corn syrup amateurs in sweetening a coaching offer.

But Le Smiles to Colorado, what a built-in triangulation of coaching and commercial interests and "endorsements" that would be...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.